Florida-South Florida
Options

...confessions wednesday

NWR: I confess I haven't sent my PA application and deadline is pretty soon

WD: I confess, I haven't lost any weight to fit in the dress! I've lost but regained the pounds. I also confessed that it saddens me that my BM haven't been interested to throw me a bachelorette party or bridal shower, haven't bought their dresses, aren't interested in getting their invites, basically no enthusiasm. I knew they were going to be this way, but I was hoping to be wrong =(
Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ...confessions wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear that your BM are flaking out on you so close to your wedding.  You asked them to part of your special day and that is a true honor and it should not be taken lightly.  They really should be more respectful.  Have you tried calling and telling them how their actions (or lack their of) is making you feel?  Maybe by putting it into perspective they will understand and hopefully get back on track.

Although this piece of advice is probably better suited for the weight loss board, I know how you feel about gaining and losing weight. It's the story of my life.  In the past, I have had great results from Dr. Ian's Extreme Fat Smash Diet. HTH!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I haven't spoken to them, I just hold it in and share every now and then here. I don't want to tell them anything because I feel silly doing so and also if I do I'll always feel like they are doing something just cause I told them, not because it came from their heart. I keep blamming it on the fact that this is the first wedding in our circle of friends and in my family (at least as big weddings go) and they just don't know, but still. I'm hoping they'll realize on their own =(
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree..you should really try talking to them... maybe they do not even know that they are acting that way :( Hope it gets better soon
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

My BM's have been ok so far, not thrilling, but ok. My sister, cousin, and sometimes MOH are the ones that show the most interest and help out and throw ideas in there. And I've already accepted that if they don't plan a shower or bach. party, I won't do it fro myself, and I'm ok with that.

Chin up love!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_confessions-wednesday-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:7824ea97-208f-49d7-8041-483c62becd2bPost:61a34f1e-6de8-410f-9eed-db79b77a699a">Re:...confessions wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, I haven't spoken to them, I just hold it in and share every now and then here. I don't want to tell them anything because I feel silly doing so and also if I do I'll always feel like they are doing something just cause I told them, not because it came from their heart. I keep blamming it on the fact that this is the first wedding in our circle of friends and in my family (at least as big weddings go) and they just don't know, but still. I'm hoping they'll realize on their own =(
    Posted by Moonstar713[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">I think you should just be upfront and honest with them.  Explain to them why you need them and what you need them to do. Maybe ask them how they would feel if you were aloof when it came to THEIR wedding. If they don't care maybe give them a different role in the wedding, like an attendant.<font face="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif" size="2" style="font-size:1em;" class="Apple-style-span" color="#333333"><span style="line-height:16px;" class="Apple-style-span"> It's your day and you shouldn't have to take on the burden of disinterested bridesmaids.</span></font></div></div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;"><font face="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif" size="2" style="font-size:1em;" class="Apple-style-span" color="#333333"><span style="line-height:16px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;"><font face="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif" size="2" style="font-size:1em;" class="Apple-style-span" color="#333333"><span style="line-height:16px;" class="Apple-style-span">I hope everything works out.</span></font></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the feeling. My MOH is basically non-existent right now, its even annoying my FI. I have to sit down and have "the talk" with her but I'm not looking forward to it. I agree, you just wish they would know (especially when all she does is complain about the MOH she had and how she had to demote her). So much drama with this wedding stuff that I hadn't anticipated...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards