Florida-South Florida
Options

WTH!!!???? Flowers are annoying!

OK, so I met with two florists this weekend thinking I was going to like one of them for sure. So the first one we hated and the second one we loved, but he just sent over his estimate and it is 5 times as much as our budget!!!!  WTH!??

I'm willing to go all DYI on this stuff, I only have nine tables so I think it's doable, but I'm afraid of what will happen that day with setting up. Can someone recommend a dirt cheap (but beautiful, lol) florist? Our budget is 1k (secretly 1.5k) but we only have 9 tables, 2 bridesmaids and one groomsmen. Shouldn't that be possible!!!??

Also, if anyone is buying wholesale and can recommend something please do, but let me know what are you planning for arranging the stuff that day.....thanks!!!

Re: WTH!!!???? Flowers are annoying!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try creations by blanca - 954-972-1993. She's great and really inexpensive. Flowers were the worst for me - they weren't a huge priority and everyone was either rude or too pricey. She fit our budget perfectly and had really great ideas of how to save. She quoted me just over 2,000 but that's for 15 tables, 8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, 2 junior bm, 1 jr groomsmen, and 2 ring bearers and flowers for the moms, grandmas, and dads, and ceremony flowers. Also she had these blinged out candels I fell in love with! I was really not into her website and almost didn't meet her because of it but I was much more impressed with her and her showroom. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    orianita3orianita3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank  you for the recs, I'll def check her out. What's her website??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Creationsbyblanca.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    orianita3orianita3 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I found her, just wanted to make sure  ;)
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second creations by Blanca...she worked a miracle with my budget! 10 tables, 6bm and gm under 1K

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try Rose with Dream Makers in Boynton Beach :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    abellabell member
    edited December 2011
    How about Vivian Colls? HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Field of Flowers in Davie! They gave us a good price and 15% off!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of centerpieces are you looking for?  I had 13 (mixed high and low) tables, 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 extra bouts, 3 coursages, my bouquet, 2 large pieces for the ceremony that we moved inside for the reception, sweetheart table and cake flowers for $1,650...  There are several people that can work with your budget.  I went through several rude and overpriced people too.  One person didn't even give me a proposal after we met.  She just laughed at my budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was'nt happy with flowers by Bianca. I do however have a terrific lady who has a shop at the swap shop. Her name is Dolly. She does beautiful work. I too am having a small wedding and she only cost me $263.00. Of course she is not doing our personal flowers but that includes the price of my roses, hydrangea and orchids for that. She is however doing beautiful center pieces for our tables. And she even showed me a sample. Her numbers are (954)600-3792 or (954)600-3795. I bet she can do them for half your budget. She is terrific and she saved the day for me.
    Shelley Beckette
  • Options
    nakupenda24nakupenda24 member
    edited December 2011
    I second field of flowers amazing! worked with my budget and I'm getting everything I want and more
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards