Florida-South Florida
Options

Help!!

Hey everyone!!

Here's my dilemma, our engagement session is on Sunday and it looks like we may have to change one of the locations.

Location 1: deering estates 2 outfit changes
Location 2: UMs baseball stadium/diamond with UM attire

We love baseball and UM so this sounded so perfect

Well a month ago I called and asked if it was possible and was told that since it's their offseason I could and that there's always a gate left open.
Today I call just to confirm and was told that I would be transferred to the director. He basically told me whoever told me I could just show up didn't have the authority to do so and that he would gather some information and see if we could.

I'm a nervous wreck, I've bought outfits for this exact location already and don't have any other ideas in the case that he says no.

So here's where I need you guys!! :)) any suggestions of where else we can go take sporty like pictures ?? Preferably a nice baseball park

Thanks!!!

Re: Help!!

• Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know FIU lets people use their field for e pix. Its not UM but it still a baseball field. GL
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And thats why UM sucks!... haha.. Sorry, had to... (Nole Girl here :)

Theres plenty of baseball diamonds around Miami which would be super cute with your UM gear on. One close to Deering Estates is Suniland Park in Pinecrest. 

Good luck and I hope the director calls back with good news!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for te suggestion!! Do you know if their field has alot of FIU mascot pics or signs?? Not that i don't like FIU but it be weird to have UM shirts and FIU mascot in back of epics lol :)
  • Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest I am not fully sure if it has too many, but I think if you have a good Photographer they will know what to do. I had a similar situation happen to me and had to switch a location the day of the pictures and she know how to make it work with the look we were going for, but incase FIU does not work. PP is correct they have a lot of parks in miami that will with your pix. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've walked right onto the um field a few times - not sure if you want to chance it but just saying. What about just different locations on campus?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zelaznog- thanks for the park near deering suggestion!! Not gonna knock your noles buy I have a mom who is a UM alumnus and a brother who is a Gator lol!! So needless to say I'm a canes and gators fan!! Lol Jude- I'm pretty confident that my photographer will do well even if we need to use a regular baseball diamond, I'm the one being a bit picky. I realllllyy wanted the stadium look and to be able to use a real dug out and real stadium seating. Oh and of course our Canes!! Lol I'm gonna try Calling FIU tomorrow. Or do you think we should just show up?? Guiggles219- I've heard of them leaving the gates open so I was going to chance it but was just afraid my photographer wouldn't go to another park from there if we were turned away. I'm going to call them tomorrow if not it's a no then its Time to look elsewhere. :((
  • Options
    jleslie78jleslie78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the baseball idea! We did our engagement pics at the beach and then went to a baseball field as well. FI is a huge Yankee fan and we found a park in Delray Beach that actually has the big green wall with the scoreboard painted on it with the Yankees vs. Red Sox. It's probably way too far North for you guys tho. We just showed up hoping the gates were open and it thankfully worked out. Here's some pics:

Wedding Countdown Ticker 100 Invited imageimage54 Ready to Party! image 5 NO! image 41 Slackers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jlesie78- omg i love your pics!!! That park looks like a perfect alternative if the stadium doesn't work out. It is far for us though :(( btw what type of shirts are you guys wearing?? We didn't do the whole last name thing but I'm thinking of maybe making them up Saturday since ours is on Sunday I still have time :D
  • Options
    Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I knew of someplace specific but there should be some nice baseball parks around. I hope though that they give you good news at UM and you get the pictures you want. GL!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for FIU - the baseball fields all have the FIU color scheme. No UM green here my friend. I confirmed with one of my co-workers that works for athletics and he said that the field is pretty clean & doesn't have much panther stuff on it though. I've personally never been inside that field so I can't confirm & he's not 100% sure if it's open everyday for the public.

Best bet is to check it out in person & see how you feel. If you live near by maybe you can check it out real quick after work?

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help everyone!! UM called me and said it would be a go for about an hr or so. But now my fear is the rain will ruin that!! I'm still trying to have FIU as my back up though. Efont- I've been trying to talk to FIUs baseball dept to ask if it's accessible on weekends. Do you know if it is?? Would hate to take my photog there and find out it isn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards