Florida-South Florida
Options

Key West Brides -- avoid "Art of Lovers Photography"/Bernadette McCall

I hired these local photographers for my Key West wedding and was extremely disappointed.  (I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but they did not respond to it at all, so I'm posting here as well.)  It took 8 months for them to complete my contract/order.  They are amateur hobbyists, not professional wedding photographers.  Their photos were nothing like their website, and many were blurry, poorly composed, or the subjects had their eyes closed.  They took a single shot of many moments, rather than snapping many to ensure a good shot.  This vendor does not do any of the normal image processing, such as redeye, color fixing, cropping or other image fixes.  They do not properly backup their digital images, and lose images when their harddrive crashes.  The photographer was incredibly passive, and did not help organize our guests for group photos, make sure no faces were blocked, straighten dresses or fix little out-of-place details, or do any work to compose the photos.  We have a single jumbly shot of each table at dinner, with no candid shots of our guests; very disappointing given that we only had 20 guests.  Avoid them, no matter how nice their website looks.

Re: Key West Brides -- avoid "Art of Lovers Photography"/Bernadette McCall

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about your terrible experience with this vendor.

How was the rest of your wedding? We really appreciate vendor reviews, good and bad, and would love to hear the rest of them.

Thanks for posting! Sorry again but congrats on your wedding.
  • Options
    tiana531tiana531 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good to know. i spoke with bernadette, but got the "hobbysit" feeling from her... sorry about the pictures, i hope everything else was seemless
  • Options
    tiana531tiana531 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS- who did you use for video?
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about this. I hope the rest of your wedding was a wonderful experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had just the opposite occur when they were my photographers in May of this year.  They were just awesome.  I was not looking for a photographer to pose me or my husband.  I wanted someone who captured the day in a creative and beautiful way, but more natural.  They were personable but never interupted.  My picture CD was in my hand within a week.  They had black and whites, beautiful colorizations, and sunsets in a creative interesting way.  Every bride is unique and that is why there are so many choices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used John and Bernadette McCall 2 weeks ago on my wedding day 04.04.11. Planning my photography with them was stress free. I flew down to Key West a year prior to meet all of my vendors, when I met John and Bernadette in their Key West home, I liked the artsy, free-spirited vibe I got from them. On my wedding day, they did a great job of capturing the beautiful shots I wanted. Having split families, they made sure they didn't leave anyone out of family and friends portraits liked I had asked them to. Anything that I wanted, they got for me. They also went above and beyond - fetching drinks for my bridal party, hurrying up my makeup artists so I wouldn't be late to my ceremony. I have all positive things to say about my experience with the McCall's and I would not let one bad review keep you from using them - they're amazing! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards