Florida-South Florida
Options

Something you don't really think about

CP's for your RD, right?? I always knew I'd have to do them, but dreaded it because it seemed like ANOTHER expense! 

FI's family is doing the RD and I am really close with his mom so I wasn't worried about what she'd do, but it hadn't been discussed yet.

Well I went to a bridal shower last weekend at Jungle Island and the bride's sister (who is an art teacher) did the CPs. They were so cute and I am totally stealing her ideas!

Basically she did about 6 inch tall wide vases, with dark river rocks, a couple bamboo shoots and 2 goldfish!! Besides the fact that these are so original they're cheap! So I told FMIL and she goes "Oh we can do that for the RD!"

I loved the idea so I'm glad I get to utilize it! I will probably do different vases and rocks etc, but def doing the fishies and I think it works bc we're having the RD at Bimini Boatyard.

I hope this helps someone!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Something you don't really think about

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow - they sound awesome!  And they go great with the venue!  You will have to post pictures!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a side note...

I bought cylinders (i think between 7-9inches tall) and black river rocks at the Dollar Tree (also for our rehersal dinner)...you cant go wrong with a $1 an item!!!! we also bought some cylinders that are very low but WIDE almost like a bowl to either put floating candles or floating sunflowers.

We are having ours at our favorite mom and pop mexican resturant so I was going to put some sunflowers in them but I LOVE the fishy idea!!!
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Michy!!!!! Gonna go to the Dollar Tree this weekend! Could you imagine if I get $4 CP's?? That would be awesome!

I love your ideas for CP's too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super cute idea! love it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds SO cute!!!!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good call on these. very cute idea.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love that idea...

I never even THOUGHT of CP's at the RD. We didn't do squat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I initially didn't either J, but I saw my girlfriend do it in Oregon and I was like "Oh snap! Do I need CP's?

I doubt anyone will notice if they're there or not, besides me but look at this...its too cute! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    very cute!!!   I am buying Lissette's river rocks and not too sure I will need them  after 16 more days (OMG!!!) let me know if the dollar tree doesn't have your rocks.

FMIL is doing our RD and is working on some sort of CP but nobody gives me details so I can't tell you what they are doing.... yet
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    missyd10missyd10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my cylinders at the Dollar Tree too!  Awesome find!  If they don't have wide ones try Walmart.  I was in there yesterday and they had some shorter/wide ones (about the size in the pic above) for $4 each. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SO CUTE!!!!!!!!
    FACK - do I need to do CPs?? crap. I don't think I'm going to ,lol. I'm so lame.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cute idea! my friend did something similar at her wedding with fish in her cp  and big bonus: we got to take the fish home after!

Helpful hint: don't put candles in it.  My friend put a floating candle in the top and the fish tried to jump out onto the table.....cause the flame was stealing the oxygen from the fish.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jillian - I love the bamboo shoots, they represent longevity so that's a great message. 

One thing I hope you consider though, is that the poor goldfish that you put in those jars are all going to die a quicker death than normal :(  My girlfriend used goldfish in her CPs at her wedding and some had died by the end of the night, it was quite sad. The rest were thrown out because no one wanted to take them home and it was just the saddest thing ever. I had a pet goldfish for almost two years growing up and that fish recognized my hand over other people's.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I just wanted to put it out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry girls, I won't be doing anything to get Animal Rights groups on my a$$. I'll throw the fishies back into the water after or ask local guests to take them home. 

Good call Mikeey!! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll adopt your fish after your wedding if they need homes... :)
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks hunny!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got your back Jill!  It was funny watching the fish jump until we realized they couldn't breathe :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super cute! I didn't know your RD was at Bimini! Ours is too!
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards