Florida-South Florida
Options

MOH vent.. (long)

Okay so I may be a little behind on this but...I am just now getting around to arranging a time that is good for all my BM's to get together and meet and exchange numbers and all that good stuff. So I talked to my MOH on Friday night and asked her when would be a good time for her so that we can all get together. She told me that she was not available at all on Sundays and that Saturdays is a good day.

So..I jump on the phone today to start arranging a time on Saturday for all of us girls to get together. Now my MOH texts me this:

"Well I go to the gym at 9:30, I wanted to start going to the beach so that I can get a tan, so after 5 is good for me."

This absolutely aggravated the s%*# out of me. I feel like I went to her first so that I could be as accommodating as possible, and now she is trying to narrow down the time frame in which we can meet even more! I texted her back:

"Okay look, I asked you what day would be best for you so that I can be as accommadating as possible. You told me Saturday, so that is what I am trying to work with. However, I will not be able to accommodate your after 5pm request. There are 4 other BM's that will have to join us, and it may not be possible for everyone to make it at that time. Not only that, but I am not available that late. With that said, I am trying to find a good time for everyone and will let you know what times we are looking at for a Saturday (as you requested previously)." - I haven't heard back from her since I sent this to her earlier.

Now it may not seem that bad, but a little back story here:

My MOH has been engaged for 2 years. She has been unable to to set a date due to her fiance saying that now is just not a good time to even consider a date to settle on. When I became engaged, she as my best friend, was the first person I told. After that, we barely talked for about 2 months. Finally after a while she started contacting me. However she is really not that interested in the planning process, which is fine I'm a control freak anyway..In all honesty, I get a weird vibe from her everytime wedding stuff comes up. I have been very patient with her - because I sometimes feel that maybe she is upset or a little sad that things aren't going the way she hoped with her engagement. So I try not to be too pushy with her, because I do know it's a sensitive issue. However, things need to get cracking and I can't continue to take little baby steps around her. Grrr..I'm just frustrated. 

Thanks for letting me vent, even if I am being kind of Bridezilla-ish, but I really don't think I am. 
*So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH vent.. (long)

• Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha! wow. I didn't realize it was THAT long! Sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd be frustrated too. You consulted her first, and she should have let you know for real when she was available. :( I'm sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol once you read it, its not that long! I would just schedule whatever time works for the other 4 plus you on a saturday. If she can't time out of her beach day she can miss it and it just shows what kind of friend she is. But I would wait to see what happens when you are able to schedule it and see what she does before freaking out. What I am guessing is she doesn't have that much time and would like to go to the beach for a while, nothing against you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You need to talk to her in person and see if she truly is 100% for u and will do her MOH duties. Trust me if she's like this now, it will get worse! I have 8 bm's and most of them are always talking bad about each other behind their backs. I'm just so over it! It was worse and I had to talk to each of them about what's most important.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. I plan on having a talk with her. She really doesn't have a lot of responsiblities to worry about, she mainly just worries about herself - which is normal for any non married non children having woman - so that doesn't really bother me too much. I think she maybe just doesnt understand because she's not used to having to worry about anyone else but herself. I think I just need to sit down and talk to her, I'm sure she'll come around once she hears me out. Gosh, I hope anyways.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards