Florida-South Florida
Options

I am FUMING.

My church just called me to ask me how many guests I'm having at my wedding.  When I told them about 90, the receptionist told me they were trying to plan the parking issue, because apparently they're hosting a FLEA MARKET EVENT OUTSIDE OF THE CHURCH ON THE DAY THAT I GET MARRIED.

I'm losing it over here.  I told her that that was UNACCEPTABLE, how DARE she even suggest that I'm going to go through the ridicule of having my guests see a Flea Market function outside of my  church on the day of my wedding?  I've NEVER EVEN VISITED A FLEA MARKET IN ALL OF MY DAMNED LIFE! I reserved the date with almost FOUR months notice, how could they have JUST noticed this crap? THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Oh my God my photography shots will be ruined.  I started hyperventilating and I told her to put THE REVEREND ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW!  And she said she'd call me right back.

I was half expecting for Elvis Duran from Y100 to come out and say "you've just been phone tapped!" but that did NOT happen people! I swear to God that all hell will break loose if they don't resolve this issue.

Re: I am FUMING.

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    absolutely UNACCEPTABLE....they better cancel that event...and today!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH MY GOOOOODDDDD!!!! I WOULD DIE!!!!! Tell her you will contact an attorney!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    KimA85KimA85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I started hyperventilating with you when I read that!

Your reaction is totally understandable, and I'm hoping it all works out!

I love that they casually call with a "Oh, by the by, how many people are you expecting?  Just trying to figure out a small issue..."

Worst case scenario, is there somewhere you can jet to nearby for the photos?  I know it'll be inconvenient, but better than having someone in the background of each shot.
    Counting down until our 4th of July arrival! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ok relax girly you do not need the stress now...I would go over there this weekend and talk to them and MAKE SURE that doesnt happen!

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that, that is just rude. i hope things work out
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rosel80rosel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, I hope they cancel the Flea Market! I would be freaking out too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!! On a side note.. that would've been a hysterical phone tap! Ok, back to being pissed! ARE THEY FREAKIN' SERIOUS?!?!?!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I would be just as upset as you.  That is ridiculous and unacceptable!  I hope you get it all figured out.  Just try to relax a little bit until you hear back from them again.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am absolutely speechless. I'm really hoping they cancel that flea market event. That's absolutely ridiculous!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sigh.  The reverend tried to calm me down and assured me that the event would be winding down by the time my wedding took place.  And I feel badly for the poor secretary I verbally abused (although I promise no bad words were used)...I'm sure she was as upset as I was when she realized the HUGE mistake she made in double-booking events.  I don't know what i"m going to do.  I have an appointment to talk to my wedding next weekend so I'll see then.  Either way, there really isn't much room for changes at this point.  :(  I'll try to stay positive...lets see what the Reverend tells me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My JAW hit the floor.

Keep us posted on this, they cannot do this to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How dare they!!! That is unacceptable! They better make it okay.
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Janet, I would have blown a fuse! That is ridiculous!!!

I'm sorry but "just winding down" is not acceptable either! They need to cancel that and put it another day or started WAY after your wedding.

I'm getting all stressed out just imagining your pics with a flea market as a background. That is just horrible. 

Do not let them get away with "winding down" crap! That's BS! They need to either put a hard stop WAY before the time of your wedding or start that WAY after your wedding.

Que descaro!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards