Florida-South Florida
Options

Stuart venue recs

Hey girls!
I have told my mom and FI that it is that time, to start PLANNING!!! We have been waiting since the wedding date is so far off, but I think its time to join you girls in the fun! Mainly to take advantage of the head start. We are going to try and finalize a date (or two) this week and then start looking at venues. YAY!!!! FINALLY!!!!
With that said, do any of you girls have any recs for venues up here in Stuart? Preferrably on the water. I think I might have the ceremony on the water and then go somewhere for the reception. IDK, any thoughts are appreciated!
TIA!!!

Re: Stuart venue recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Indian Riverside Park at Sewell's Point.  The Mansion at Tuckahoe is absolutely beautiful (think it has a higher price tag, but I know it's lower if you are a Martin County resident).  Another neat option in the park is the boathouse (I think that's what it's called, but not sure... it's a two story building on the water at the south end of the park).  You can get married in front of it by the water and pier and then have your reception on the second floor.

Indian Riverside Park also has wedding seminars at the mansion and shows at the boathouse every so often, which is a nice way to check them out without pressure.

FI and I also LOVED the House of Refuge.  It's this historical house right on the ocean on this narrow strip of land.  You can get married on the beach and then you have to tent your reception on the paved back patio of the house.  Of course weather is a variable... and it would have been a tight squeeze with our guest list, but it was one of the coolest venues I've ever seen.  Just keep wind and rain in mind.... but I've seen gorgeous photos, so it is doable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fishinflagirlfishinflagirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thank you for all the ideas. Ill have to check into this Boathouse, sounds pretty interesting. I think the Mansion is out of our price range, but it depends on how much we can get the other stuff I think.
    Do you know how many people the House of Refuge can hold. That would be cool.
    The Indian River Park, a lot of our friends have gotten married there and then used the top floor for the reception and it all turned out nice. So, that is definitely an option.
    Thanks girl! Do you live up this way. I know most girls are more down South. I had no idea where I fit, Stuart is on the cusp of So Flo and Central Florida... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Palm Beach Gardens, but we looked at a couple places up around Stuart.

I'm not sure how many people House of Refuge can hold, but when I e-mailed them, they said we could stop by any time they were open and just tell them we wanted to check it out for a wedding.  If you google it, a lot of photos will come up.

Here's a link to one that had the ceremony there and then had their reception at River Palm Cottages (http://www.bciphoto.com/blog/2008/04/river-palms-house-of-refuge-wedding/).  We didn't look at River Palm Cottages (just up the road from Indian Riverside Park), but I remember a couple people mentioning it at wedding shows.  It's supposed to have a real laid back, Keys vibe.

And I hear you on the Mansion... definitely not in my budget.  Also, it logistically wouldn't work out for me... but it's still gorgeous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Indian river side park is beautiful that is where im having mine next year . you can get married there in front of the dock ... good luck with planning
  • Options
    fishinflagirlfishinflagirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ilovevinny- what day  is your wedding? it is a nice park. a lot of our friends have gotten married there. i guess you are up here in stuart?

Thank you for the website. I will definitely check it out. you have been such a help! Thanks for everything!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our wedding is feb.18th 2012.    the mansion next to indianriver side park is having a bridal show on april 3rd . im pretty sure it starts at 12 .  its free for brides and $5.00 each person that goes with you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards