Florida-South Florida
Options

wwyd?

Hey ladies -

Sorry I've been so distant lately. So much to plan for these days :)

How is everyone!? I hope all are doing well!

I have a question regarding the RD...

Here's the back story: My parents are paying for EVERYTHING. Venue, flowers, DJ - etcetcetc. FILs aren't paying for much, RD and invites. We recently asked them to pick these things up in lieu of giving us a wedding gift. My side far out weighs FI side in the way of guests. Think roughly a 60/40 (my side being 60), so my parents don't really expect too much help in the venue, however, they are still paying for 40% of FILs guests. 

When my parents were paying for the RD the guest list went as follows: immediate family and bridal party (& their plus one's if they had them). Now that FILs are paying things have changed and they are inviting aunts and uncles and cousins. Here's the catch, the aunts, uncles and cousins are only on THEIR side. FI is fighting saying that the wedding is all MY side and that his parents can invite anyone they wish to the RD. 

I told him it's unfair to do that and not even give my family the option of inviting anyone. Grrr...

SO over wedding planning. Lol.

New brides to be - get this stuff OUT of the way before hand! Not 3 months before the wedding!!!!!!!
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: wwyd?

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this Tess.

If it was me, I'd be bitching up a storm. Irregardless of who's paying for the RD, the same guests should be invited from either side of the families. Also, I'm sure that those aunts & uncles his family is inviting to the RD are also invited to the wedding, so the same courtesy should be extended to your aunts, uncles, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree - it doesnt matter who is paying for the RD - its about BOTH families~ if family is invited from one side they have to be invited from the other side.  I'm sorry you are dealing with this but you may have to go bridezilla on them for this one. 
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol @ bridezilla because I totally did :x I said my parents are paying upwards of a specific amount of money for their family at the wedding and there is NO reason to invite aunts and uncles to the RD. It's useless. OY.

Cannot WAIT till this is all over!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else, equal amounts of people who be there from both sides. are the aunts and uncles and cousins going to the wedding? if so then what would be the big deal to not have them at the RD and just the immediate family at the wedding. As far as the wedding isnt it both families going not just yours? So your FI shouldnt make you feel guilty by saying its YOUR side mainly at the wedding.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ... Are you cereal?

No, it works both ways. They're (MOB and FOB) paying for their (MOG and FOG) guests for the wedding (which I am assuming is more expensive than a stinking RD), so man up and pay for the same amount of people.

GO BRIDEZILLA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww Tess, sorry Lovie! I hope you get this resolved.

Luckily we don't have huge families on either side! Plus our RD is going to be a VERY small affair, ie: salad, pizza, wings, breadsticks, soda and beer for maybe 25 people. And WE are paying for it, because his mom is on SS and doesn't have any extra money.

Sorry I can't help, but if you need to vent, I'm a good listener!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards