Florida-South Florida
Options

Confessions Wednesday!!!

Howdy on this fine morning.
I confess a lot.

1. Josh's bach party is coming up - it's over Valentine's Day weekend (Friday-Monady) - 15 of his closest friends (most flying up from Florida) are renting a house in the Poconos - they are going to ski, drink and what not for the weekend. I"m really excited for him but I don't want to hear about it anymore. I know there will be strippers. I know there will be madness. I just have to pray no one gets in trouble/hurt or an STD, lol. I finally told Josh this mornign to stop telling me about it - I'm getting nervous!!!

2. FMIL - while lovely - is a royal pain the arse. She told me this morning she has 4 people that she would like to add to the make-up and hair list. UM - what? This is meant for my family and bridal party.... she wants to add her mother, sister and two best friends. Not a big deal but I don't want them all seeing me getting ready, etc.. it's MY wedding day! I've NEVER said that before but now it's time - I don't see how she doesn't find it weird. I'm making a schedule and putting all of her people at the end of the day after I'm out of the room (I have my first look at Josh). It's so annoying.

3. We got our first "Why isn't my girlfriend invited?" phone call. First off, everytime i went over my list - you and your girlfriend were NOT together - why would I invite her????? BUT we caved and did include her - she better have the time of her life. I'm not inviting everyone with dates because our list is too f'ing big. We're getting enough no's that it's not a big deal but c'mon!!!

4. I have my B-Pics one week from today and I'm terrified. also Monday Josh told me thinks those "Sexy pictures" are silly and stupid. Awesome.

5. I have cramps thanks to my period - I stopped birth control this weekend and I'm nervous I'll get cramps again during my periods.

6. On a positive note, I switched waxers last night and I LOVE mine - great bikini and eyebrow waxer - she works out of her house and it was $40 for BOTH - so cheap!!!!

WHAT DO YOU CONFESS??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker

Re: Confessions Wednesday!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say NO WAY to mil. no extra hair and make up. and when i stopped my BC, i started getting really bad cramps again. so i hope you don't :( 

I confess: 
    1. I'm tired of being sick. I just got sent home from class because I can't be in the kitchen while I'm sick. While I understand it, I really wanted to make carrot cake and marble cake and put together my black forest cake today. I'm bummed. 

2. I really hate both companies I need to rent the tent from. They're both jerks and I dislike them. But being in Martin County, they can get away with it because there's no competition. 

3. I'm worried that I won't pull everything together by the wedding. That everything will look stupid and nothing will be finished and people will think it's dumb. 

4. I'm also worried about BMs. None of them can afford their dresses. For good reasons, but still. And I definitely can't afford them. So I'm worried. They don't have to pay for anything else. I already bought their shoes, and there's nothing else they need. But I can't bring myself to push any of them to buy their dresses because I know all of their situations. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh Court! For 1. You don't even want to hear what happened 1 week before our wedding involving the bachelor party! (you didn't ge the email did you?)
    2. Justin said almost the same thing about bpics, and trust me Josh will still love them when he sees them! You're going to have fun no matter!
    3. I'm getting off the pill next month and I'm scared too hon. Cramps suck.

My confessions...

1. I though I could walk away from the knot and just lurk, but I like commenting still O:)

2. I'm using the crockpot today for the first time ever, wish me luck! We're having Southern Smothered Chicken.

3. I REALLY want to see my wedding pics now!

4. It's killing me that it's so hard for me to plan meals for a week and save money not spend nearly $500 in one month for 2 people!
  • Options
    daphnessdaphness member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL you are way too funny!

My FMIL did the same thing, so since everyone is staying in the same hotel, I booked an extra make up and hair person, and they can go to their rooms!!

I refuse to share my hair and make up person, except with my mom and sister lol
  • Options
    daphnessdaphness member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and i have a confession too, I am yet to lose 1 single pound since my New Year's resolution Yell
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Court your FMIL needs to go sit down! And I understand about the cramps- I started to get them once I got off of BC too, but they are mild.

Eskimo, I am so sorry you have been sick. You will feel better soon. BTW, I think it is awesome that you are in culinary school. It is my dream to go to culinary school and do pastry arts!

Latina, good luck with the crock pot dinner! I am sure it will be delish!!

1. I confess that I joined my local gym last week with the intention of losing 10 lbs for the wedding and it is already Wednesday and I have yet to even show my face there.

2. With less than 3 months until the wedding, I am already starting to miss wedding planning.
    3. I really, really, want to see Jaimie's pro pics!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Court - DOn't stress about Josh's bach party. I'm sure it's going to be good clean fun. No one will come home with an STD. LOL.

Taylor - It's not fair for you :\ They have a while to save up the cash, right? You already seem to be doing so much for them. Help them budget maybe?

Joanne - We plan meals EVERY week. Only buy what we need. We've saved SO much in doing that. Once you get into the routine - it's h onestly hard to go food shopping without a list!! P.s. I'm glad you are still Knotting with us!

I confess....

- I was supposed to go to dinner last night with old friends and flat out FORGOT. I worked 830am-930 PM last night and just forgot that they wer all going out. They texted me at 11 (when I had just gotten home and fell asleep) and lest messages on my FB. I feel like a mega ass X 200000000. I have no idea how to apologize for this.

- I'm already over like  40 something hours this week. I really want to leave early if I can, but I keep saying "stay. money. stay money." to myself over and over and over.

- As a result of working ridic hours, I just mistagged a Pax bag and had to run to the bag room and fix my mistake.

- I need sleep. lol

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww tess! i'm the same way about work. i don't get over time, but i so wanted to give up my shift today and i know i have to go in. losing 8 hours would be detrimental to my pay check. keep your chin up!!!! (but do get some sleep!!! <3)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Court: I feel for you on the FMIL front. I have an attitude problem, and I don't handle things with as much grace as you do. So I'm not looking forward to getting those types of requests.

Taylor: Your wedding is going to look fab! Don't worry about not finishing things in time, you def. will.

Joanne: I'm so excited for you to use the crockpot! I love all the meals we eat made in the crockpot.

Shari: I haven't gone to the GYM in like four months :( I'm paying for a membership that I refuse to cancel because I keep saying, I'm going back, I'm going back.

Tess: I hate working o/t, but I keep telling myself the same thing. I really need the extra money. It doesn't make me feel any better about staying :/
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My confessions:

1) I seriously wanted to punch out the guy I work with yesterday. And right now, I feel I reallyyy hateeee him. By the grace of God I didn't quit my job, but I did throw a bunch of papers in his face and then left the office.

2) I don't know if it was the immense anger I had boiling in me yesterday after I left work, or the need for it, but I got home and ordered a new laptop. I really can't afford that expense right now, but my laptop hit the crapper, and I can't be without a comp. at home.

3) I feel like I need to do a lot of soul searching. Like I really have to find what I want to do for the rest of my life and just take the jump and go after it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Court- I think your confession list could be my confession list!  Don't worry about the b-pics, my FI said that same thing and I did them anyway.  They are just as much for you as they are for him.

Taylor: Hope you feel better dearie and the cake sounds yummy.

Joanne: Goodluck with the crockpot!  I love mine, but hardly use it.  Let us know how the recipe turns out.

I confess:
    1. i have been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for a month and it is so frustrating.

2. FMIL is the most awesome person, but she is really annoying me lately with her pretentious ways.  Grrr.

3. My mom decided to have a shower for me now too, which is awesome, but I am a little nervous about going up there.  A step in the right direction i guess.

4. I slept horribly last night thinking about paper for my invites, the drink stirrers that came in and I'm not sure if i like, and all the other things that have to get done for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Court-GL going off BC...I have the devils cramps now that I went off.
    Taylor- Im sorry about the tent situation but everything will work out!
    Joanne-I LOVE my crock pot...thats how I do most of my cooking now!

I confess:
    1. That orignally I didnt want a bridal shower or bachelorette party but now I do and I dont know how to tell my my bridesmaid.
    2.) I am so packed with appts this weekend and I really just want to cancel on this one guy cause hes a real a$$ but Im scared I might need him.
    3.) I cant stop eating...BAD! Ive back 2 cakes already this weekend and have been making milk shakes like there going out of style! I am going to get uber fat!
    o and 1 more: I really want to go back to school but I dont think we will ever be able to afford it and that makes me sad!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies...

Court: I would have told FMIL that your make up artist & hair stylist is already booked for the day ;)
    WOW bachelor I don't even want to think about it. FI didn't want one but I kept pushing for him to have one..I definatly don't want to hear about it.
    Bpic's FI thinks the same about those picture, but I bet when he sees them he will love them and will be glad you did them.

Latina chica: crock pot...I have that on my registry and I can't wait to use it. I heard everything comes out delicious if you use the crock pot.
    I have the same problem with meals I wish I can cook for the whole week...uuugghh..

Eskimo: feel better hun!

1. Now that my bridal shower is almost here and my wedding I am about 95% done with planning...what am I going to do with out any DIY projects..lol

2. Started the gym again..but I am not motivated as much as I was before. Would love to lose 5pds or atleast tone up.

3. I yet to find a bridal shower dress :( and I only have 2 weeks to find one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Court-I know it's hard not to worry, but try not to stress too much about Josh's bachelor party.  Hang with your girlfriends and drink some martinis, that should help :)  And about your FMIL...I would send the makeup lady to them-do not let them in your room!!! That's your time with your girls, and your mom.  By the way, if you didn't want to deal with it, just tell her there's not enough time for the girl to do your makeup, as well as your girls, and them. 

Joanne-over the weekend I sit down and plan all our meals for the week, and then make a list for the store.  That way, you know exactly what to get, and aren't randomly throwing things into your cart and spending a bunch of money.  Also, I LOVE Costco-you can buy meat in bulk and then freeze it. 

My confessions:  I'm three and a half weeks away from my wedding!!!!! It's so surreal, I still can't believe it.  I've been surprisingly calm the past couple of weeks, and hope it remains that way.  I'm scared I'm going to be a basket case the day of. 

I want to tan before the wedding so I don't look so pale in my dress, but I'm nervous of looking orange.  I'm hoping to try it out this weekend. 

I'm bored with my job and planning on leaving in the summer, but I don't know what I want to do.  I love working for a nonprofit, but it doesn't pay well! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess there is SO much to do. I never thought this would stack up like this! 2.5 months left and I'm an OOT bride that needs lots of help!! Gah!  I don't know how you did it all so early, Court!! I am flipping out!

I need to get working.

Court - don't worry about Josh. You said you were cool with it in the beginning. Stay cool with it and remember how you'll have the house to yourself...movies/mani-pedi time!!

Joanne - ahh! I LOVE crockpot. So delicious forh beef and potatoes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Court - I feel you on the bachelor party thing~ Kevin has a blow out vegas trip planned.  I made him plan it over a month before the wedding so that any unwanted consequences of the trip can be covered up or fixed!  He also thinks the b-pics are a waste (but I still might do them)

Joanne - crock pots rock~ I set up ingredients the night before - throw everything in the pot in the morning and I dont have to worry about it until dinner time!

My (first) Confessions:
     I'm almost in double digits and my invitations havnt gone out yet!!

I havent been to the gym in I cant remember how long and if my FI tapes the exercise class schedule to our calendar one more time I'm going to start cooking all his dinners with bacon fat!!

I have spent more time planning at work this week than working!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I confess...

1. I'm miserable at work. I really want to get out of here once I get my MBA.
    2. I'm super distraught over ring bearer outfits. The ones I fell in love with are $160 and I have a set of 3 brothers walking the wedding! I would feel horrible doing that to their mom but I really haven't found any other styles I like for my boys. Maybe I can find someone to replicate the idea.
    3. I have yet to decide on flowers. I'm hoping once I pick my linens it will be easy to decide...
    4. I really didn't want a crazy bachelorette party, but now I'm thinking I should at least go somewhere for a weekend.. like one last "hoorah" before the big day. it doesn't take much to get my sister (MOH) excited for a wild weekend so I'm sure it'll be no problem to plan. LOL!

Court: I'm sure Josh will be fine at the Bachelor party - like Christina said, you have the house to yourself! Enjoy it :)

Twinkle: You're my hero for actually expressing your anger at work. I feel like doing that to my boss LOL!

AVM: That's wonderful you're still so calm! I'm 7 months away & a basketcase already... can you send some of your calm energy over? :)

RU: Talk to your BM's - I'm sure they would love to have something for you! :)

Arlyn: Good luck finding a dress! Have you tried the BCBG outlet at Dolphin? They almost always have cute stuff.

Tiffany: That's wonderful that your mom is hosting a shower for you too! :)

Tess: I feel you on the massive overtime. I've been doing the same & I'm exhausted. I hope your friends understand!!

Suga: I'm dying to see Jamie's pics too!!!

Taylor: Your planning biois kick butt - I'm sure your wedding will be a dream! Don't stress!

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    courtney-hang in there about the bach. party. my FI is doing his in Vegas and I know his friends haha so im worried, i hope no troubles too haha.
    As for MIL- I would tell her no too, and say there will not be time. end of story. lol
    I hope your cramps feel better.

Taylor-I hope you feel better, hang in there about the wedding everything will fall together, I worry about that too. As for your bridesmaid toughy, but things will work out with that, if they couldnt afford it then they should of said they couldnt be in the wedding to begin with ya know.

Joanne-you cant leave us and lurk lol, keep commenting.
    What happened at the bach party? Hope all was ok. I cant wait to see your pics too.

Tess-sorry about your friends last night, just tell them you were exhaused and honestly forgot since you were working 13 hours. im sure they will understand. Oh and get some sleepy time in =) Its almost the weekend hopefully you can.

Stephanie-I feel you about the laptop, I would die if mine broke and would def. need to buy a new one. its part of my life lol.

Tiffany-yay for your mom wanting to do a shower, that is a huge step, have fun!

Karen-yay for wanting a BS, I would just say you have been thinking and decided you wanted a shower.

Arlyn-yay for being almost done

alexandra-your soo close!!

Christina, hang in there it will be all fine and fall into place.

Adrieleburo-I always spend soo much time planning then doing what i need to haha.

My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess....

I am wayyy to anxious for my sneak peaks of e-pics, the cd is on its way and I want it here now. My photog said she would do the SP's either last Friday or Sat. and still nothing. wtf..

I have been doing good working out the past week, I feel good and feel gross if I dont work out. So I tried the P90X, what an arse kicker. lol

I have 75 days left of this shi(t) hole of an island. Yes its beautiful but Im ready to go back home.

I want to order my STD's but im dragging out b/c I wanna see my e-pics b-4 I do, and I wanted them ordered by Dec. yay never happened.

I really wish money didnt go like water living out here.

I bought address labels, and dont know where the hell i put them, i am pulling my hair out and I know I brought them back to the island with me.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melimagu: Express yourself! Thankfully, my boss is really cool and lets me vent and scream. And she knows I'm right and he is wrong and deserves to get yelled at. Lol.
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Courtney, don't worry he will love the b-pics even if he doesn't know it yet!
    Taylor, sucks being sick, I hope you feel better!
    Joanne, don't just lurk, we like you commenting!
    Stephanie, I feel ya on the soul searching one too, I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life, so I just pass time at my current job
    Karen, just tell them you changed your mind, they will understand!
    Christina, I feel ya I think we are date twins and I feel like there is so much to do and no time to do it
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess:
    1. I have spent way too long deciding the wedding night hotel and I don't know why. I have had it basically picked out for weeks but I just haven't booked it.
    2. I think I am getting addicted to Farmville, why did I let my sister convince me to sign up for it?
    3. I am getting annoyed at the contact at my venue I sent her an email last Friday with easy questions like does this chicken have sauce on it, and she still hasn't gotten back to me. I just want to finalize this food stuff.
    4. I feel guilty about my sister throwing me a shower, I know she doesn't have lots of extra cash to spend.
  • Options
    Ven1Ven1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess:

1) I'm so stressed the wedding is so close and there are so many things I still have to do.
    2) FI is now having wedding nightmares lol
    3) I was a little scared about my flower trial, but the centerpieces are amazing!
    4) I need to finish my invitations already and put them in the mail.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess...

1) That although I'm excited to finally be married it's still odd to hear myself being called by my new last name

2) I am a huge procrastinator and have not mailed out thank you cards yet...or even ordered them even though I have them designed

3) I'm sick of being sick...I've been sick since January 1st (literally)...go away already cold!

4) I wish I didn't have to go back to work...the mini-moon spoiled me lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh Courtney you have more patience than me! I don't understand why your FMIL can't go off-site with her family/friends or hire their own makeup person. I mean, why do all those people need their makeup done professionally anyway? You'd think this was your FMIL's wedding...  I agree, it's your day, and as someone who is totally non-bridezilla, I feel its my right to pull that out and use it in very select situations. Who wants to spend their wedding day getting ready with random people they don't even know!?

And regarding the bach party, I feel your pain!! My FI's bach party was over our Christmas break in South Beach and he was with his craziest friends. I tried not to think of it all night but it did bug me because I knew there were strippers. But really, I wasn't as bothered as I thought i would be. I kept myself occupied with some DIY projects (although the friends & martini sugg sounds better!)

Eskiimobby -- it looks like you still have ~10 months to go, will that be enough time for your BMs to save up?  One of my BMs didn't have the money for any of the wedding stuff (shower, bparty, dress, etc) but she got a second job part-time and was able to save up slowly over about 6 months.

Confessions:

1. My bachelorette party is a week and a half away! My best friend set everything up and I'm not supposed to know what the plan is. But because she changed the date to February 5th, I realized she was flying me into Tampa for Gasparilla!! So she keeps asking if I've figured it out, but I keep saying no so she's not disappointed ;)

2. I just skipped the gym for like, 3 days in a row. I've actually been seeing some serious results lately and I use that as justification to be lazy! AND my FI convinced me to go to Kelly's Roast Beef last night for dinner. That didn't help things.

3. My littlest sister has been a real pain lately. I invited her and her boyfriend to the wedding and she broke up with him 2 wks later. Even though the invite was addressed to him, she asked if she could bring a friend and i said ok. She then lets me know that she has a late class the day before the wedding and can't make the RD, so I tell her "no problem, we'll see you that night when you get in to the hotel" -- we all planned on staying together the night before. Well THEN she tells me that she's going to drive down with her friend....and CAN HER FRIEND STAY WITH US? I was like, wait, its the night before the wedding, I'm going to stay with my 3 best friends (of 10+ yrs each), my two sisters.....and your random friend I have NEVER met??? So she says "well, if not I'll just drive home and we'll stay there" -- completely backing out of our plans to stay together (and split the room costs evenly...). There's not really enough time for her to drop off her friend and then get back to the hotel (it would be after midnight), and no option for her friend to come down on her own.

So basically, because I was nice and let her bring a random guest, I won't have all my bridesmaids together the night before the wedding. AND I was seriously considering not having her as a BM at first because she's so flaky but I realized I couldn't have one sister and not the other. And now that this happened and I talked to my mom about it (who went on to chastize my sister), she is going around badmouthing the wedding and trying to imply that I'm some bridezilla. ARRRRGHHH!!!!!!!!

• Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    melimagu thanks I'll check out bcbg this wknd. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards