Florida-South Florida
Options

Threading(stringin) vs. Waxing...

What are your opinions?  I've been really unhappy with my last few waxings and was thinking of switching.  I know it's a little more expensive, but is it worth it?  What are your preferences and does anyone know where to go in the Gardens/Jupiter area?
Photobucket

Re: Threading(stringin) vs. Waxing...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE having my eyebrows threaded... I've never been waxed.. I used to go to the Pennies in the Palm Beach Lakes Mall.. but oh well.. Now I go to a salon on the corner of Summit and Military... they are very nice in there... My friend gets hers done in Jupiter.. Ill find out where!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ToriAnn~~ where at summit and military.. I have also been waxing forever and not so happy with the last couple tries.

thanks
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ToriAnn please let me know!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK I talked to my friend, and she goes to Typsies Salon which is on Military Trail north of Donald ross Rd, on the right hand side (corner of Military and University)
    there is only one lady there who does it and she cant pronounce her name :) She said its only $16

She also said there is Salon 54 on Donald Ross just west of Military on teh south side.. its $20 there but she hasnt tried them for threading.. she just goes for her nails...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Missy,  I dont rememebr the name of the place but it is on the northwest corner ??? My friend took me there the last two times because she recommended it so I just tagged along.. Ill double check for ya to get the name!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS!!!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ToriAnn, Tipsy is where my hairdresser used to work and where i get my nails done.  I'll definitely give them a try!  Thank you!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't tried threading yet, but I watch the girl at the Tipsy's by my house in Wellington all the time and everyone says she is amazing.  I keep thinking about trying it.  Let me know how it feels if you do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard awesome things about threading and even if I don't have any eyebrows, I'm going to shape the little ones I have with that method :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Threading is the best! Hurts like a brat, but its way better than waxing!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tess, does it hurt more than waxing?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion ... yes :x It feels like someone is plucking a bunch of hairs at once. But threading in worth the pain... your eyebrows look SO much better
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive never waxed before but the idea of hot wax near my eye scares me and people have told me they have bled before.. NO WAY!! Ive plucked since I was in middle school so threading doesnt bother me too badly..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I've had it done in fort lauderdale and I didn't think it hurt at all. But it DOES gross me out... (depending on where u go) the lady holds the string in her mouth when she's threading you. Seems a little unsanitary to me. BUT you're not bright red afterwards... which is nice.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    on this topic I am looking for a place that is good with reshaping either wax or thread I have done them both. I just do not like my current shape and need someon that can give them a nice shape. I live in Plantation and I am willing to travel up to boca and down to miami. Any reccomendations?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards