Florida-South Florida
Options

Totally Changing Theme??

So now that I'm at the point of having to make actual decisions on colors/flowers/etc I am finding myself unable to commit.  My FI is French and originally I wanted to get married in France with just our immediate family but that idea got vetoed.  I ended up choosing the yacht club venue since it is near my parents' house and has a really nice set up.  To make everything simple I went with a natural/tropical feel with orchids, etc. (See bio) but now I'm kind of wishing I was having more of a French wedding.  Since I'm getting married at a yacht club I would probably make it more of a South of France feel since that's where his family is from.  Any thoughts?  Tropical or French?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Totally Changing Theme??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go with the French theme, which is more original and is what you want more. I think it will be beautiful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a French theme. It would honor your FI's background, incorporate your original idea of going to France, and it's way more fun than just a typical tropical theme!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    French theme is more original and will incorporate his families culture. Especially if you originally wanted the wedding in France - it only makes sense!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go with what your gut tells you, outweigh the pros and cons of changing everything completely and if you will lose money on items already purchased...GL
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the French theme also. Very elegant and you can have tropical at any time in Florida. It's something different
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'll be switching to the French theme.  Conveniently I haven't purchased anything major yet so it won't be a loss.

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the French theme way better. The tropical theme gets down to death in FL. I think the French theme would be more unique.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards