Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue, the Seagate

Has anyone been to the Seagate in Delray? Any Pictures reviews.. would be great thanks.

Re: Venue, the Seagate

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to have my wedding at the Seagate Beach Club. Are you thinking of the Hotel or Beach Club? I believe you have to be a member or be sponsered to have a reception at the Beach Club
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

O I was looking at the hotel, just received an email and was trying to check it out but not much info.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried looking there but the women never returned my phone call. I must of called a hundred times and even drove over there. I did get to see the seagate club which is the one on the bach and it is small. The ceremony looks like it would have  to be outside on the beach and then have the reception inside but it didn't like it could hold that many people. I also heard that you have everyone get ready at the seagate on Atlantic then they drive you over. Good luck. It looks goregous.

Do you want a ceremony on the beach or over looking the beach? If so I have some suggestions of places.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smuslin - Who did you leave a voicemail for?
    lgrn22 - If you have any questions email me. Bethlindsey12@yahoo.com
    i have all their info
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know they have remodeled it. But im pretty sure you have to memeber like waterroxy said.  my gf was looking to get married there, lived walking distance, like less than a 1/2 a mile from there and because she or her parents were not members she couldnt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My issue is that I want the wedding Overlooking the beach, I dont want it to be on the sand so I am trying to find a venue that can do that, plus I would love an outside reception. again, not on sand! Any ideas for that? Only place that I found online was the Hilton Bentley Beach on south beach that I want to go look at, and am planning on looking at the W in fort lauderdale next wknd.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you mentioned the W, I thought I'd share some other hotels that are right next to it if you want to check out more when you are in the area...

The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale has a helpful staff and a beautiful view of the beach:
    http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/FortLauderdale/Default.htm

The Pelican Grand Beach Resort, right on the beach with a beautiful space outside for a reception. I am a special events coordinator for a non-profit and I organized a "Hot Havana Nights" themed event here and the staff was great:
    http://www.pelicanbeach.com/index2.html

The Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel (formerly the Yankee Clipper) which is right on the beach, but has event space that is not on the sand:
    http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=664

Seawatch Restaurant if you have less than 60 guests:
    http://www.seawatchontheocean.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you know someone who is a member at the Seagate they can Sponsor you, that is what my boss is doing for me. I know they are advertising more so, maybe they are changing their policy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I may check out those venues also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are some places that I looked at. That is exactly what I wanted it a wedding overlooking the beach but not on the beach.
    Here is what I looked at and what I liked about them and what I didn't like.

The Hillsboro Club--www.hillsboroclub.org
    This is where I am getting married. You don't have to be a member. You get married on a deck overlooking the beach and you have over a mile of privated beach for pictures. Then the reception and cocktail hour is all windows over looking the beach. Amazing views. They also have a back up plan in case it rains. Downside they are only open for wedding from April to November. It is a little older. You have to either get chair covers or rent chairs.

The Atlantic Hotel-.http://www.atlantichotelfl.com/
    Goregous and great views. You get married and have the reception pool side over looking the ocean. Unbelievable views and just a goregous balcony to get married on. Super nice rooms and nice rooms.They give you a free room for yourself, your parents and you fiance parents room. The women there Annie is super nice and willing to work with you. Downside there is no back up space in case it rains. Also you have the ceremony and the recepiton at the same area. So your guests are moved to the side at the bar when they set up your tables.

The W Fort Lauderdale- www.WHotels.com/FortLauderdale
    Really great places to take pictures. The most goregous ballroom there is. The ceremony does look over the beach. But there is a parking lot between you and the beach. If you go up to the balcony you see the parking lot. There are a lot of girls who love the W I really didnt like how they treated me and not willing to work with me.

Those are the 3 I looked at other hotels are....

The Epic-
    www.epichotel.com
    Pelican Grand-
    www.PelicanBeach.com
    Ritz Carlton-
    www.ritzcarlton.com/en/.../FortLauderdale/Default.htm
    The Breakers
    Boca Raton Resort and Hotel
    Marriot-
    www.marriottharbor<strong" rel="nofollow">www.marriottharbor>>beach.com
    Embassy Suites Deefield Beach
    Hyatt Regency Peir 66

Good luck

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Awesome info! The atlantic looks amazing.  We are planning on around 75 people, looks like the Hillsboro club requires 100.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards