Florida-South Florida
Options

Where to dress shop??

Hello ladies!

I just got engaged, set my date (Nov 2010) and booked the church and reception site...but now I need to find a dress!

I'm new to South Florida and have no idea where to go!  Any suggestions in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami areas?  I'm thinking it would be best to start at a big store that has a lot of options since I'm not totally sure what I'm looking for.  I'm looking to stay under $1,000.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Thanks Laughing

Re: Where to dress shop??

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!

I'm not sure if you're looking for the high-end names or what.  But I know there is a David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo on Sunrise.  Girls on here know where all the boutique type stores are... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    EMNovEMNov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One more thing...

I am open to resale shops.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def try Brides of Florida in Kendall, they have Maggie Sotteros and other designer names!! GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I <3 my Alfred Anglo dress. She's beautiful! Her price was great, too.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the pp's I got mine at Brides of Florida and love my maggie sottero as well as the customer service there.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a really great experience at Davids Bridal in Coral Gables (two actually since I switched dresses!!)  And as long as you dont go in on a saturday if you can avoid it~ I would def recommend expecially as a first place to try since they have a really big selection of dresses under 1K.  Also the store is on Miracle Mile where there are plenty of other boutique wedding dress shops including a Priscilla of Boston.  Good Luck and welcome to the board! Happy planning!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ABSOLUETLY brides of florida!!!! they are FAB!!! especially MJ
  • Options
    shanfitzshanfitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Victoria's Bridal Couture in Ft Luaderdale. Excellent service and my dress was under 1000!
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i suggest miracle mile in coral gables - there are so many bride shops and have all price ranges.  try merlili on miracle mile too !
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yea and congrats on engagement and welcome to board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!

Give Patricia South's a try. They are very nice, I showed up without an appointment, but still accomodated me and were so so nice.

Also, Ever After in Coconut Grove, that's where I got my dress. I cannot say enough about Renato. He is the BEST. He and his assistant helped me try on like 20 dresses once and again. So patient and accomodating, full of suggestions!

I also tried Chic Parisien but I found the consultant to be pushy.

In Miracle Mile, I cannot sing enough praises for Priscilla of Boston, espcially Jen Alvarez. She's a sweetheart, she helped me find my bridesmaid dresses. Give her a call!
  • Options
    EMNovEMNov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once you find the dress in person try bestbridalprices.com as well as Pearl's Place.   They have a pretty good reputation.  I am ordering my BM dresses from Pearl's place. HTH!
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my Alfred Angelo dress, and only wound up spending $600 on it (before alterations). Plus, I think they have an outlet store in Deerfield Beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards