Florida-South Florida
Options

Honeymoon in Florida - HELP!

HELP! We are getting married in August and are planning to go to Florida or California for our honeymoon!! Where should we go and what should we do?? Any suggestions or help you can provide would be so greatly appreciated!!! 

Thanks so much!! 

Re: Honeymoon in Florida - HELP!

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are sooooooo many different places in FL.

Orlando (Disney)

South Florida (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Keys)

West Coast (Marco Island, Sanibel Island)

It really depends what kind of HM you're looking for and what you can afford.

Also, FY it is close to boiling point temps down here in August. Don't know what Cali is like but its tough to lay out in August bc its just so damn hot!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes august in fl it very hot and humid....with that being said keys are always relaxing or if you go to key west theres relaxing and party....went there for a bach party.  Disney is always and theres so many different parks your not just set on one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm born and raised in Florida, yet for me, I'm biased because I think Cali is the best state there is. Perfect weather/so many amazing things to do...so many different people.

I say Cali - stay on the Sunset strip in LA...and travel all around SOCAL. Otherwise, San Francisco is also the most romantic city!

In August, California's weather is the best. What kinds of things interest you and your FI?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try WaterColor in Destin....amazinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Destin, its off the beaten path and absolutely romantic!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp's.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chris- CA #1 baby!

LoL I lived there when I was little so my heart will always belong there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

IIf you're looking for beaches, I think FL is better. You've got Sanibel & Marco, like Jillian suggested, as well as the Keys, Palm Beach, and Hallandale. If you really want to splurge, look into Little Palm Island off of the keys.

I think Cali is super romantic for a honeymoon. San Fran is wonderful, as is Carmel, and if you like wine, you have tons of wineries in Napa/Sonoma :)

Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was worried that August might be too hot for Florida! I've been there a few times in April and I love it!!

We thought of Disneyworld or land and I think it'd be a lot of fun but after the hectic craziness of a wedding I think it'd be nice to just relax!!!

I'd love to lay around on the beach, I know my FI would love to do that same and drink - we'd probably like to party a bit too!! So kind of a mix of relaxation and party!
    I've always really wanted to go to San Fran as well ... ahh so many decisions!! Thanks for all the ideas, keep them comin!! Laughing
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with pp... I always wanted to go to California. both places would be great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <3 Joanne! I remember our Cali bond!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards