Florida-South Florida
Options

invite wording

ok so I know traditionally the invite is suppose to read by whose paying, but since FI and I are paying for the wedding I know we could say we would like you to come (well whatever the proper wording is lol). But I would like to include our parents like it to say together with our parents.... Does that sound stupid or it doesnt matter?

What did you all say?

Thanks
My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: invite wording

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's not stupid at all.  A lot of people word invites like that...

You could say.. Together with their families or Together with their parents..
    That is a very common thing.  I just googled wedding invitation wording, and a bunch of sites come up!! HTH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Courtney, I will look it up more and see what I can find. =)
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is being financed 4 ways - my family, my FI's family, my FI and me. So we said "Together with their parents, [Bride] & [Groom} invite you etc".  We also chose to say "their parents" rather than name them specifically because FI's parents are divorced, and while his father contributed to the wedding, his mother did not and we didn't want to not include her, or include her and kinda put out his dad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were putting our names then together with their parents! We are paying everything ourselves as well but we want to include them! HTH
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Alexis, and Karen. Alexis, thats a good call on the together with their parents b/c mine are divorced too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No not stupid at all... I've seen that before "together with their parents so and so and so and so invite you to ... ."

Totally works!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Together with their parents is what we're doing as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are paying for 1/4 of it and we worded it with my parents as hosting it... hth!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Looks like you got your answer already, but we said together with our parents, and listed their names. 

• Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is my exact wording,
      A wonderful day in our lives is drawing near…

Jennifer

andEric, together with our parents,invite you to join us as we begin our new lives togetheron Saturday, the tenth of April two thousand tenat eleven in the morningThe Rusty Pelican3201 Rickenbacker Causeway, Key Biscayne, Florida Lunch reception to follow 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards