Florida-South Florida
Options

Curious to Know what everyone's Wedding Budget is?

So I was sitting here going through the bills and was like WHOA we are spending how much on this one day..LOL.. I keep telling myself that its one day in my entire life and its worth it and I think it will be.. but I was just curious to know what everyone is spending....

Im have it at The Palms Hotel and Spa for 130 guest... with some bells and whistles so i expected a lot but I was just wondering....:)

With our Honeymoon and my sisters 5 plane tickets from Canada we are at GULP! a lot.. scared to say.. wanna hear some feedback first to see if Im crazy..hahahah

Re: Curious to Know what everyone's Wedding Budget is?

• Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was originally $10K for 100 people but that really was not enough.  We ended up spending $14K and having 110 people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice!!!
    Well our personal budget was $15K... We are pretty much at that but thats just our part - flowers, photographer, dj, photobooth etc.... The hotel - just food and drink is $30K for 130 people.- 5hour open bar, 2 stations, buffet dinner and the location from 3-11... My dad gave that part to us as our gift.. If not it wasn't happening..lol
    SO we are looking at $45,000 in total.. crazy right..lol Its the location that was the most since you are not allowed to bring outside food vendors and i think they are like a 4 star or 5 star.. we will see, tasting this weekend.. better be amazing!
    My dad wanted me to have my dream wedding so he said he would cover that and we do everything else...
    I heart my dad..lol
    ;-p

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are holding an event for 150-160 people (we still have 7 days for people to RSVP) at a resort in the Keys.

Our Budget is $20K. This includes:
    rental of the house on the resort property for the reception
    Caterer-including food, tables, linens, glasses, silverware
    DJ
    Photog
    Alcohol
    Dessert table
    Favors
    Rings
    Centerpieces
    Flowers
    Groomsmen apparel
    Brides Hair, Makeup, and accessories, including trial
    Gifts

Not covered in budget that my mom and inlaws are covering:
    DOC
    Rehearsal dinner
    Dress
    some of the decorations including centerpieces
    Honeymoon

So our budget would easily be $30K (ack!) if we had to pay for all this ourselves). We could cut down on the guest list to to save a few thousand but we decided it was worth it to "do this thing" exactly like we wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my parents are doing our wedding 110%, which means 200 guests and they budgeted 80,000 which meant everything. now we are about 6 weeks from the big day and the guest list went up to 378 invited so we totally went over budget. now its at 100,000+. i am very thankful that my family can do this for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ouch that's pretty expensive for just the food/drinks/hotel but if that is what you wanted and you can get it then congrats =)

My parents paid for everything so I was blessed too, the exact number I don't know I was tempted to grab the calculator and start adding but I know I'm going to feel bad so let's leave it like that LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents gave me a budget of $20k for 125 people including almost everything. Anything over that will be covered by my FI and I, and we are also paying for our honeymoon and rings.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Man aren't our parents the best!!! I can only hope to do the same for my kids and seeing what it takes, i think i need to start saving from now...LOL
    thanks girls, i don't feel as bad..hahaha
    :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YIKES!!! Looking at this hurts!!! I am spending way below any of this lol! My budget was like $3000! But I was going to do the court and a backyard ceremony. The more I saw the more Ideas I got and unfortunately the more I wanted and told myself if I don't do something I really like, I'll regret it later and it will be too late. I don't think I'll be spending more than 10K. But I was able to get the venue that I completely love for a relatively inexpensive price. My wedding dress for a BARGAIN (thanx knottie =)). Favors and decorations are ALL DIY projects, even cake set and champagne flutes are all warehouse prices and DIY projects. I go to Michaels and shop only when things are on at least 30% off or I have a coupon for. My aunt is making the cake, FI's grandma is helping with the arrangements (she use to be a florist) and I am so grateful I won the photography for the wedding. All I'm missing is the catering, which will probably be about 50% of the total cost. FI's mom gave us the time share for the honeymoon. So really this is a lot more than I ever expected and I am so humbled by it all. I am sure it wont measure up to anyone's wedding here, but it will be a great representation of us, nice and simple. Of course I had to compromise too, like I wanted it at night and have a midnight summer's dream theme, but my venue is not open at night =(, oh well, you do with what you have, and like I said I am getting a lot more than expected. It's great that you can afford all that ladies, CONGRATULATIONS!!! =) And don't fret, it is what it is and it will be al worth it when you see the final outcome.
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I felt better after reading this.  Especially Jessica's budget :) 

When I add up the rings, reception, rehearsal dinner, morning after breakfast, honeymoon to Australia, gifts, etc., I could have bought a brand new BMW 3 Series Convertible in cash, which is the car I want after the wedding.   Now I'm sad :( 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ^^^That's why I don't want to start adding up LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally had a 6k budget, but like Moonstar said, I wanted extra things that weren't in my budget originally and said "to hell with it, I'm only doing this once," so two weeks shy of the wedding I can say I've spent 8k in total. This does not include my ring...not sure how much he paid for it. Nor does it include a honeymoon, which we've postponed. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our budget is 10k. We are going to come in at 11k because I added a few extra things like the photobooth and I have been thru the run around with photographers but that also includes the HM.
    We are paying for everything ourselves and registered for our excursions for our HM cruise. So far we have gotten 2 out of 3 that we wanted and they were the most expensive so Im happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our budget started at $10k... but now we're at $20k.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We never really set a budget but  the venue we have is all inclusive. Even with me getting different decor (chivari chairs,diffferent flowers,pintuck tablecloths etc;) than what the hall has and then decorating my ceremony site ,flowers and bouts for a party of 26,favors,transportation,favors,photos,open bar for 5 hours,full course meal,cider toast,light show,appetizers,2 side dishes,bread and butter,professional video,invitations of our choice,and staff service.We're still under 10,000 and my coordinator is the best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have a budget of $5k for 50 guests. We're having a small, intimate, daytime wedding. I know we'll probably go a bit over budget, but I think I can make it all work.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Wow! I need some of your parents!! lol

My original budget was $10K for 120. My parents added $5K, so I'm sure I'm either there or close... $15K. But I don't want to add anything up either. At least not yet.

No honeymoon for us either, but we have a free 3 nights at a resort to use down the road when we can afford airfare. lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We will probably spend around $11,000 altogether, not including the honeymoon. We are paying for it ourselves with $1500 help from his parents and my dad is saving for our move to our first place. We get to provide the alcohol so that helps keep the costs low, we will have 5 hours of drinks including a cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres, salad, meal, and chiavari chairs. My FI's cousin is making the cake and the flower centerpieces will be done by my aunts. My dress was a great bargain and my invitations and programs were from Michaels. We are expecting around 160 guests. I don't know if we will go on the honeymoon that week, we are still trying to decide...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for the feedback everyone.. excellent.. its awesome to see such a range in prices and yet I am sure everyone will have their dream wedding!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trini- Thanks for the post .. I was also wondering if I'm being realistic or crazy and it is interesting to see how the budgets range and yet, like you said, everyone will end up with a wedding they love.

Our budget is 15K with what we can contribute and then were counting on another 10-15K between our parents. We set an absolute max limit of 35K (combined) but would obviously love to stay under 25k.
    This covers everything for the Sat night ceremony & reception, Friday welcome G2G dinner and Sunday breakfast. Doesn't include a honeymoon since I am not sure if we are going or just doing a mini-moon.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is 15k for right around 120 people. This is not including our rings, HM, transportation (ie limo whatever) Hair and makeup, any other attire other than my dress which my mom bought for me, guestbook, favors, and many other things i cant think of right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are looking at spending 25k which is a combination from both of our parens... Hopefully we can make it work! Im sure we will though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm my parents are paying for alot of it.. i would say total around $45K including the honeymoon.. $100K!!! omg i fell out of my chair
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well my $45K includes everything from my photographer, videographer, photobooth. Ceremony decorations, Reception, 5 hr bar, sushi station, ceviche station, Honeymoom: 12 day meditteranean cruise( Egypt, Malta, Greece, Italy) including all excursions and gratuties and flight..... Live instrumentalist for the ceremony.. I did well.. I got great deals but doesn't matter how good of a budgeter you are... bills still come in..lol

Whatever I am sure I am going to have a fab time like everyone else on the board is.. Its your wedding, its your vision. its your new beginning...

Happy friday everyone!!!
    Tomorrow is my tasting I am sooo excited.. Hope that the food is worth the money dammit..lol

xoxoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our budget is  $45,000, with my parents giving $35,000 and fi's giving $10,000.  FI has such a huge family that we will probably be going over at like 5k if 40 of his family members don't say no lol.  Right now, with tent, rentals, photo, video, planner, dress, food, cake, valet, bathrooms, etc etc it's at 49k.  FI is going to pay for honeymoon so i don't know how much that will be..two weeks in italy and greece might be a little pricey lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are spending about 3k on the wedding (not including rings) and about 2k on the honeymoon (plus whatever cash we get at the wedding woohoo)...we are paying it all ourselfs...we have about 35-40 guest daytime wedding, cake is being done by a friend, and we are doing the centerpieces ourselfs....video is being done by a guest and so is photography....so that pretty much sums it up :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our budget is 49200.the venue cost 25000 minimum for the date  this include food , drinks and the ceremony space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards