Florida-South Florida

Out of towner w/ a South Beach question...

Hello,

My H and I are thinking of taking a vacation to South Beach. Do we need to rent a car, or are there enough things to do within walking/taxi distance of the main hotel area? We're mainly just looking to stay somewhere right on the beach and hang out and relax. How far is it from South Beach to the airport, i.e., would a taxi be really expensive? If we can save money by not renting a car, that would be great!

Re: Out of towner w/ a South Beach question...

• edited December 2011

Hi there, if you're staying on South Beach anywhere from about 18th street south on or near the beach you really don't need a car and will be able to walk pretty much everywhere and if you do want to go somewhere away from there, you could always take a cab. Will be much cheaper than renting a car and paying to park it!

Look into staying somewhere on Collins Ave or Ocean Drive if you want to be right in the middle of everything!

Have fun!

• twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jaime. Renting a car would be a waste if you plan on staying on the beach. Also, parking in the area isn't cheap.
  • jackiec11jackiec11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah parking will run you anywhere from 20 -50 a day... so no need to get a car.  Like Jaime said you can walk to most places as long as you stay between 1st and 18th - and you can get a taxi anytime anywhere.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're staying on south beach, you don't need a car. Stay on Ocean drive somewhere - or on collins (like Jaime said)

If you're tired, you can get a quick cab. There is plenty to do.
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with pp :) Sbeach has everything walking distance or cab rides that are cheaper then parking your rented car.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards