Florida-South Florida
Options

Sooooo to top it off....

To top off my family drama wedding nightmare from H#$L week - I call to confirm the pavillion reservation for my shower to get invitations made and low and behold..... MY MOH (sis) failed to make the reservation.... and now it's all booked up.... until the week before my wedding..... soooooooo

I now have to plan my own shower, today, while at work, on my own....... I really just want to go home and pretend this didnt happen.....
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Sooooo to top it off....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Excuse me? Where is she? She needs to get on this, OMG some people just drive me crazy, with their lack of follow through.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    wow....so glad you caught it!!  I'm so sorry that happened to you!  Sometimes we have to do things ourselves...its frustrating at times!  I'm with you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, what? Sorry this is happening to you, but your shower should have been last weekend! You have a month to go :\ Sorry again, I hope it all works out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that happened , glad you caught it.
    I will kick her behind in gear to help you!!!

geri...
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't agree with this.

I'm sorry she isn't planning on throwing you a shower. Maybe she is doing it elsewhere and is keeping it a secret?

However I'm very anti-throwing self a shower. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH sorry about this, Its hard to count on people sometime. Hope it all works out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jen- I actually have two months left and yes my shower should be really soon.  We had a date and everything picked out she just never called to reserve! even when she said she did!  I'll still throw it the same day just somewhere else.

Ashley~ I agree that some people would find it tacky that I am throwing myself a bridal shower.  However, it's not like that was my plan... I dont have much of a choice at this point unless I decide not to have a shower at all.  This was supposed to be my birthday/housewarming/shower to take place on my birthday.  I've already told most of my friends about it.  I dont want to not have a shower or a bacherlette party or a rehersal dinner.  I think I deserve at least one of those. my invitations will specifically say no gift obligation and the party is planned as a family picnic in a park complete with bounce house and flag football games.  I wish she was planning it elsewhere and keeping the secret.... she just "forgot" to reserve it......

• Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't know what to say to that. I mean these items are not really necessary to have but I understand that you want it. It's just my opinion that it shouldn't be done that way. However, I hope you have a fantastic time at your birthday/ house warming/ bridal shower. A picnic in the park sounds fun! Cake sounds really nice right about now....
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is about you and what YOU want. So what if some people consider it "tacky". Go get your party on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry this happened to you. I threw my own bridal shower with help of my grandparents helping me out. The only reason I threw one is bcuz my MOH couldn't spend the money and since I am having a DW hardly none of our friends and family can attend. So the bridal was a success!!! I didnt do it for the gifts. I did more to get the whole family together. Wish there was another name for throwing your own party. lol So if you want one and your sis messed up go for it. :) My girl did thru me bachelorette though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl some people find some things others do as TACKY, look in the mirror before you make someone feel bad. Anywho, throw your own PARTY, hell if your friends find it tacky, me and my friends will come and buy you a gift too. LOL. No worries like PP do your thing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys~ you can all come and party with us!
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really hope you guys aren't giving me attitude because I disagree with throwing yourself a shower. I never said it was tacky, I said I didn't agree to it. It's not mandatory that I agree with everything that is said.

• Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nobody is giving you attitude. Adriele wrote about the "tacky" part. We are just responding to her and giving OUR opinions and agreeing with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everyone is entittled to there own opinion. :)  not every one is going to agree with everything. hope you didnt think their was attitude toward you or anyone else.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry this happened to you hun! Your pinic sounds like fun though :)

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about this hun! At least you looked into it now instead of last moment. I say go ahead and throw yourself the shower, no big deal to it. Everyone is entitled to all the wedding events. I hope you can get things squared away. =)
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your picnic sounds SO fun! I think you'll have a blast. Bummer that you have more on your plate to do now, but it'll be done how you want it :) Good luck!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! So sorry you have to go through this!  Tell her to get on it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you have to go thru all this, especially so close to the wedding.

I was kindof in a simular situation. My sister got engaged after me and planned her wedding to take place right before mine so she was really busy rushing and planning to make it all come tougether. So, she was pretty busy and didn't have time to work on mine so I decided I wanted one and started planning it myself.
    it wasn't for gifts AT ALL, but just like you, I wanted it to have both families come tougether (since grandmothers and aunts weren't going to the bachelorette party).

So I started planning it and then just decided I had too much on my plate and called it off. Just then, one of my bridesmaids said NO and took reigns and has been organizing it for me along with my MOH and other BMs.

Do you have another BM that would perhaps want to put it tougether for you? Maybe this could be another option, just so you dont have more things to do as it could be overwhelming.

Either way, if you have to plan it yourself, I say DO IT! it would be such a great time at the park with all the things you mentioned :) So cute! GL hunny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards