Florida-South Florida
Options

So fridgin upset! (vent).. and venue recs AGAIN! :(

Girls, when you talk to someone at a venue (or any vendor) get whatever pricing they give you in writing!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told one thing, and now when I am ready to book, I am told the rate could not have been possible because it's too low. Mind you, its in my notes, and I questioned it like 100 times that day because it really was too good to be true! I would still recommend BOA to anyone because Tresha is very nice and the packages include a lot, but it was my mistake for not getting what was told to me in writing.

My heart is broken because I was in love with the BOA but now I can't have my wedding there :(

My mom tells me that everything happens for a reason... maybe the reason is that I wanted to party til later?! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now back to the drawing board!

Please send me recs on venues again! I don't want to have to get catering seperately, and am now even looking at hotels... but with cool ballrooms and a modern feel. In the Miami area please. My budget is $13k for the location alone.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: So fridgin upset! (vent).. and venue recs AGAIN! :(

• Options
    edited December 2011

Im really sorry this happend to you...actually it happend to me with my first location and I had already givin a deposit and lost $500 in the end but like your mom said everything happens for a reason and we ended up finding something we loved even more in our budget... i am sure you will too.. GL!!! (and sorry I dont have any reqs now but if i think of any i will come back and post)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its not that bad to get location and catering separate. You can always hire a DOC to make sure everything is in place the day of.....Is the location budget including catering?
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yes, I would like $13k for the hotel/location and the food and alcohol. That way I can use the $7k for DJ, flowers, favors, attire, etc.

I wouldn't mind recs in Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Downtown, Miami, etc.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ehh that sucks! So sorry :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    have you tried the epic hotel in downtown?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that happened.  Finding your venue is always frustrating and the hardest thing to book- it took me FOUR months to get my venue.  Just be patient and I think your mom is right; things do happen for a reason.
    P.S. Miami Beach Botanical, Doubletree, Jungle Island, Mayfair
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am on the same boat!! .... I think a lot of us are going what you are going through. 

Hmm ..... The Mayfair is really nice and not too pricey.

***** TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT *******
    Although the place is nice and the cocktail hour is amazing, the entree was a huge issue for my FSIL.  She ordered the chicken breast and an airliner cut came out and it was cold.  Supposedly they had an issue with the kitchen that night and refunded her some of the money.  She had a bad experience, but some people have a very smooth wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards