Florida-South Florida

I think I found the dress!

Its only available online, which Im not a fan of (I really want to touch it and feel how the fabric feels, etc.) but I'm hoping a local dress shop can get it in for me to check out before I commit, but what do you think? Pink but not over the top, vintage but not tacky (at least in my eyes!) What are your thoughts?

Re: I think I found the dress!

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice!! Still very "bride", but pink.

If you can't get a store to get it in for you, maybe you could check out the prom dresses when they come out (when is your wedding?)-- I've seen gorgeous pink dresses like that but then you could at least try it on, etc.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    i like the halter!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • edited December 2011
    When I saw your post about a pink dress yesterday, I remembered a dress I had seen at Victoria's Bridal Couture.  Here's the link:

It's also a brick and motar store in Ft. Lauderdale.  Maybe they have one in the store you can try on.  GL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, VanLu, thats beautiful! Thanks, I may go check it out in person!

• edited December 2011
    Ok so I'll be the negative one.. I do not like it. But guess what I dont have to!
    I think the satin and that color pink looks like a Quince dress.  I do however love Vanlu's link. I think that dress is beautiful.
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but I have to agree with Laura. As soon as I saw it I was immediately reminded of a quince dress. This to me, does not look bridal at all.

VanLu's suggestion though, gorgeous! It's pink but it def. looks like a brides dress.

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_think-found-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:8b7f1d16-e48a-4e7d-8541-a393563c62acPost:66f5ffc4-f194-4517-91b1-95321c5661b2">Re: I think I found the dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, VanLu, thats beautiful! Thanks, I may go check it out in person!
    Posted by LisaisfinallytheBRIDE[/QUOTE]

<div>You're welcome. Be sure to call before you go, the dress may only be available online. Also, their dresses are less expensive when you order through their website, so if it is available in the store...get your measurements and order online.  :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, Vanlu's link is much more appropriate. I can see the quince thing.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the girls...i do not like the dress it looks like a quince/prom dress....the other one is softer and prettier....also I know David's bridal has a pretty pink Vera Wang White gown that's super pretty too...you may want tp check it out and you can try it on in store

• edited December 2011
    I have to agree with the others and says its very Quince like. I also agree with MsAmeera25.. I saw the Vera Wang at David's Bridal in person and its gorgeous! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the general opinions of the first dress... it looks a little to quince or prom. However "blush" is totally in now, and I think if you shop around you might be able to find somehting better. Here's the link for the Vera Wang for Davids Bridal

*My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards