Florida-South Florida
Options

officiant tip..

Our priest is invited, and attending our reception. In our "wedding preparation" booklet, it is recommmended that he is tipped $100. Since he is coming to the reception, should we still tip the $100? Would $50 be appropriate? Should we give him a non-monetary gift since we are pretty close with him? He is really wonderful and I don't want him not get what he deserves. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: officiant tip..

• Options
    daphnessdaphness member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is tough. Since you are close to him, I would just give him the $100. I dont know, I would probably just do that so I dont have to deal with it.
    But i see what you mean by, should you give him money if he is coming to the reception....lol
    You know, maybe he doesnt even accept it, if he feels that way too. I wouldnt if I was him, but you never know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also close to my Pastor, and we're inviting him to the reception. Craig and I were thinking of writing a special thank you card, he wouldn't take money at all, in my case it'd be a bit insulting. It'd be like tipping my MOH, you know? A giftcard should do.
  • Options
    shetmoshetmo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like the giftcard idea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards