Florida-South Florida
Options

STD possibility?

Thoughts on this STD layout? I've been messing around in Illustrator CS4 trying to make something that's simple and neat and looks like it represents FI and I, not just some random wedding-y thing. (And thanks to Sara for the inspiration).

See if PIP works :) What do you guys think?

Re: STD possibility?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it! Its very modern and fun..Good job!Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks! I just realized that my wedding is in Palm City though, not Stuart. haha. DUH TAYLOR!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's great if it represents YOU! What if you lightened the "&" sign between your names? I feel like there's too much attention called to it. But besides that, it's very modern!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  It's really modern and different.  You created that yourself?  Great job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lynette - is this better? i think i like it better.

silverrose - thanks :) i was actually a graphic design major for a year, so i'm pretty fluent in the CS4 suite.

alissa - blank comment? lol silly new knot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome job!  Do you give lessons?  LOL - Im trying to design my STD's.  LOL 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it.  I also loved Sara's too---super duper cute ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol i'm not very good at explaining things, and I'm way better at Illustrator than Photoshop, so idk that i'd be much help since most people use photoshop. i suggest downloading fonts from a free site, i use http://www.dafont.com ... so that way no one is like "ew what a basic lame font" lol. it gives it a nice step up from something that looks "home made" or whatever, you know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks tiffany! Sara's are amazing, her whole invite/std/rsvp set is amazing. i love them, and her colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea.. much better. Did you also try putting Save and Date in pink to see what it looks like?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's what that looked like, for me it was too much.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's perfect, great job! It's got a modern look but I can read everything perfectly fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks :) i tried to pick two fonts that went well together but were both legible. woohoo!
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  Love the moderness and the colors!
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOVEEE ITTTT!!!!!!! Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks cathy and stacey :) i'm really excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They look really good!  I think maybe take 'Save the Date' back out of the pink, it almost looks too much all in pink.  Love the modernness and the fact that it represents you and your FI!!

(isn't designing fun? :))

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah i didn't leave it pink - i was only showing her what it looked like in all pink because she asked :) i totally agree that it was too much.

and i LOVE designing, our school just got rid of the program :( but it's my favorite. :)

and thanks!! I'm actually really proud of it lol
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would maybe try the & sign in a different font? I think it looks like an E. But the lighter version does look better. I love how funky and modern it is. Are you making it a magnet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww that's sad that your school got rid of the program. What school is it?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!!! I wish I had the talet or patience to design ANYTHING! Lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it very much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea.. I agree.. the pink was too much. But sometimes you have to see something to rule it out, ya know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i tried the "&" in a couple fonts and couldn't make it look cohesive because i have no patients, i need to try and find something new to download and try again :)

and it's just the CC turned State school in Daytona, no big fancy shmancy big kid college lol. they said not enough people were graduating from that major. :(

and lynette - i definitely agree. i've been playing around with it for a while and need to probably stop looking at it for a while haha. you're right though, that's the only way you figure out what looks good.

thank you ladies! you've all been really helpful and supportive :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and oh - idk if i'm making it a magnet. possibly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what I do... I design something. Step away for a bit and usually the next day I go back to it with fresh eyes. Well I can really only do that with stuff I design at home. Cuz when I'm designing at work, I don't have that luxury!

One of the schools I attended only had 5 people graduating from the graphic design major.. and I was one of them! Our class started with 40 people and kept trickling down down down until there was 5 of us left.
  • Options
    RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome job!  I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what you have to do when you design...stop looking at it for a while.  You're on a great track with it!

In my MFA program I was the only person in the design program at the time I was there.  It was quite amusing now that I think about it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE IT!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards