Florida-South Florida
Options

Vendor Raves!!!!

Hi Ladies,

ALL my vendors, practically, came from this forum, so I am so excited to give back. Here are my reviews - I talked to so many vendors and really fell in love and lucked out with these.

Catering - Fabulous AND Affordable: Chef Lars
I am obsessed with Chef Lars! He is a total sweetheart, so cool and calm and talented. The food was AMAZING, the presentation was elegant (and our wedding party was half French and THEY were impressed!), the service was perfect A+++ The best and most touching part was that Chef Lars sent a waiter to me, the busy bride, during the cocktail hour to make sure that I ate! I needed someone looking it - it was such a crucial and thoughtful touch. I truly love Chef Lars and Sonia - a fun, supportive, amazing wedding planner. Also, our party buses for guests left without us -- the bride, groom, our parents - because everyone was drunk out of their minds and having so much fun - but one of Chef Lars' crew went out of our way to drive us to our hotel! It was one of those random good memories and gave us a good laugh/story. Also, Sonia does wedding planning so keep that in mind if you want a one-stop shop.
http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/food-by-chef-lars-miami/9ab42754e871f5d1.html

Flowers - Personal and Elegant: Vivian Colls
Vivian is an artistic genius with flowers - she has so much enthusiasm and gets so much joy out of what she does. I adore her! She was by far one of my favorite vendors because she was so creative, fun, and I changed my mind on so many things and she stayed flexible, creative and her flowers were WOW!!! I could not stop staring at my bridal bouquet or the bridesmaid bouquets the next day - my friend is going to paint them as a present to me, which I am so excited about. Vivian's design are charming and unique - her eye is right on. She gave us the best and the flowers were so beautiful/memorable. And she's tons of fun to work with, too.
http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/flowers-by-vivian-colls-miami/6b9570592d7eeca6.html

Invitations - Chic and Fun - Lauren Daversa
Lauren became like a bridesmaid to me! My entire family had the year from hell and was too busy to help me plan my destination wedding. I was all alone and Lauren, who designed and printed our invitations and answered so many of my random wedding etiquette questions - because I was clueless and overwhelmed - is as grounded as she is chic. LOVE HER! She was a rock to me during such a stressful year for my family and for me, because planning a wedding is...not easy, to say the very least. Lauren's creativity, sweet touches, thoughtfulness, work ethic, attention to detail and support are so strong I highly recommend working with her - she will become like an extension of your bridal party!
http://www.laurendaversa.com/

Wedding Planner - Cool and Calm: Jackie Ohh
I personally don't know what I would have done without Jackie. She is the reason my wedding was a dream wedding and one of the best our guests had ever been to, according to so many of them! Jackie helped me plan my Vizcaya dream wedding on my limited budget. She was a rock. She referred me to the best vendors before I even booked her. She is so generous with her time, advice, and support. My entire family was too busy to help me with my destination wedding and so was my fiance so I am so grateful I had someone so cool, calm, collected, and knowledgeable as Jackie - she really delivered and cannot recommend her enough.
http://www.jackieohhevents.com/

Photographer - Romantic and Artistic - 1313 (Ashley and Phillip)
Ashley and Phillip were just so fun, chill, creative - they loved our crazy engagement photo shoot ideas: I rented a mermaid tale from a company in Los Angeles that provides them for photo shoots, mermaids, and my fiance got a fishing pole and we did this concept shoot on the beach off the Lighthouse of Key Biscayne. It was hilarious and the pictures were priceless. Ashley and Phillip have a great eye - they give excellent direction and they will make your photos look straight out of a glossy fashion magazine, since Ashley comes from an editorial background, but they lend their shots more depth/edge. Couldn't be more satisfied and their prices are super, super reasonable - they have affordable packages. Loved them!
http://www.1313blog.com/

Ceremony and Cocktail Music - Classic - Rich Barry on Classical Guitar
As talented as he is attractive! Rich is a musical genius who marveled our guests. So easy, so sweet to work with and his song list is extensive and incredibly romantic. He is very helpful, too, in choosing the right songs. His pricing is also incredibly reasonable given his immense talent and elegance.
http://richbarry.com/

Reception Music - Vision DJs - DJ Jorge
Perfect prices, perfect service. DJ Jorge is not a cheesy, intrusive wedding DJ - he's smooth, professional, cool, calm, collected he kept things moving, kept people dancing and I highly recommend Vision DJs - easy to work with and great, competitive pricing. Loved Jorge!
http://www.visiondjs.com/

Party Buses for Guests and Limos - Millenium Limos of Ft Lauderdale
Call Heath and tell him Chalupa sent you! I love Heath and Omar - they gave me the best deal for two party buses and bridal party limos. My guests had so much fun on the party buses on the way back, working the sound system/microphone - one of the buses turned into a talent show. The drivers were great, right on time. Punctual and classic - loved these guys and can't recommend them enough.
www.milleniumlimo.com

Videography - Reinhardt Productions - Perfect!
I love Marty and his wife! So personable, so professional, and their prices and quality are top notch. Cannot recommend them enough!
http://www.reinhardtproductions.com/

Reception Band - The Boys (J-Love Entertainment)
Jarvis Cadet kept people dancing all night - he even sang Jay-Z's New York to close the night, which I loved and we asked for. The Boys are an affordable, big sound band and will keep you and your guests dancing - LOVED THEM!
http://www.jloveentertainment.com/

Re: Vendor Raves!!!!

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing your reviews!! Congrats!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews. Congrats.!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews and congrats!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow great reviews. Sounds like your wedding went by smoothly. Congrats
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for such detailed reviews!! Congrats! Can we see pics?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The last two are engagement shots we took at the light house on Key Biscayne. The first three are the only photos we have so far from 1313 - highly recommend them and their prices/packages are very reasonable. I was a fairly thrifty bride, because my venue, Vizcaya, was so expensive: my dress/veil was $1200 from Kleinfeld, all my vendors worked within my budgets, I kept my guest list to around 90 people--perfect size, it was still a raging party. I am so glad the planning is over but I love, love reliving it and looking at our guests' photos over and over again. Cannot wait for the video - we ordered the full four hours of raw footage on a hard-drive in addition to an edited HD DVD so we can catch all the random moments, funny quotes, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    But of course! :)
  • Options
    littlemomo112littlemomo112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi. Did you hire Jackie Ohh for day of coordinator or for planning services as well?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just day-off, but her initial consultation seriously jump-started my wedding planning: all my vendors practically came from Jackie Ohh when I interviewed her for the job - she kept giving me advice and referring me to people. But if you want a planner who will work with you day-of and every step of the way, try Chef Lars - Sonia, his right hand woman, does planning too and it may be more affordable. Sonia is fantastic too. Loved them both, but since it was a destination wedding for me I went with Jackie Ohh because I felt I needed all the help I could get, and I did.
  • Options
    littlemomo112littlemomo112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you remember what Jackie Ohh was charging for DOC or planning services?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Her prices have gone up since I booked her, so I think she charges around $1800 for DOC - BUT like I said her consultation alone will be a huge help and she was always very responsive/helpful by email throughout, regularly giving me vendor referrals/feedback. She was a fantastic, no-nonsense DOC.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous pics!!! Thanks for the reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards