Florida-South Florida
Options

Big check (DJ) and update (a little long)

So first the good news we hired our DJ! We went with David Verjano, he isn't known on here but I would love to spread his name! He came recommended through a family friend and I had been to a couple of parties he's DJed and  I can't say enough good things about him. He used to be a professional Dj back in the day and this man knows his stuff! He is super up with the times and couldn't be a sweeter person! His price is reasonable and you will not be let down!

So for my update, we are almost in the double digits and switching up the game plan! we booked the Rusty Pelican a couple months back but in the process of planning have been super unsatisfied with the service and treatment of certain people from there and the place is looking run down. We asked if they'd be willing to fix anything and basically the answer was like maybe which I'm sure means no. They will be closing down for renovations soon after and aren't going to fix something that will be torn down. We've been on the hunt for a venue to offer us something in the same price range and I think we might have found something. Has anyone had a wedding, planning a wedding or been to a wedding at the south point marriot, (the one on South beach across from Prime 112)? Ive stayed at this hotel in the past but never been to an event there. We have an appointment to meet with the catering director tomorrow (who is a DOLL btw). I need knottie vibes please! we are hoping that they will match what the RP is offering us. The lady said she thiks it could certainly be done. We need to go see the room and make sure its something we are happy with and if all goes well, I think we may have found our new venue.

OH and I almost forgot, I'm FINALLY going dress shopping with my mom and MOH saturday!!!!! I am SO excited!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading this long post!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
imageimage

Re: Big check (DJ) and update (a little long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with Rusty Pelican. We had originally booked them for our ceremony and reception but we received such bad service that we are now only holding our rehersal there ( so we don't lose our deposit.) best of luck with the new venue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lots of vibes for you....sorry to hear about the rusty pelican...that was one of my top choices when i was getting ready to book im glad that i didnt choose them now :( ...GL with the new place I hope it all works out for you!
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of vibes your way, hope everything works out.

Have fun dress shopping!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lots of vibes, I've heard they can be hard to deal with.  I'm sure that the South Point Marriott will work out great.  There's a knottie that got married there a while back, if I can find her name, I'll send you her bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lots of vibes your way. Have tons of fun dress shopping!
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the RP. Vibes for your new venue and have fun dress shopping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun wedding dress shopping!! I can imagine how excited you are, let us know how it goes and vibes your way for the meeting at the potential new venue!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards