Florida-South Florida
Options

Dress obsessed!

I don't know how you ladies do it! I went dress shopping yesterday to two different stores. Now I can't even remember the dress I liked at the first store to compare it to the one at the second store. I'm completely freaked out that I'll pick the wrong dress and I barely slept last night! How did you survive this dress obsession?

Re: Dress obsessed!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When you know, you know! At least for me. Take pics if they let you! Or write down the style numbers of the ones you like and google them later on to compare.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, when you know you know. Dont worry :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with everyone, i took pics so i could remember
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another question- For those who already got their dress, did you end up getting the one you expected or one like it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oo how was priscilla of boston?! Or maybe I shouldnt ask!! lol I think I totally changed my mind and am going with one from there. I am going to try it on with my moim while in NY. I was trying all fitted/mermaid and now in love with an A line. I have tried on a million dresses so far, and I mean a million, And it sucks because you can't take pics so it is hard to remember. But would go home and look up the styles I tried on and save them in my pics so I can go through them.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    POB was really good, they didn't get pushy or anything (the second store got snippy about buying today). There was a dress there that I liked, and it was very similar to the dress I like at the second store, but I cant find it online bc I can't remember the details! This no photo thing is obnoxious! But I can't believe that I'm liking all the dresses that i liked online (I expected them to look awful and we would have to go with a different shape)

Dress shopping is more crazy than I anticipated, I expected to really only like one but it took me a long time to narrow it down to one at POB. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love all the dresses I try on, for the most part. But the one I tried on at POB made me feel like a "bride" so I think I agree with when you know you know. Keep trying different ones on until you absolutely love one. But it may take awhile, it is stressful! 
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I def feel like a bride in the second dress. I have pics but I don't know how to post them. I just want to feel absolutely sure before I take the plundge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew.  I didn't know when it was on the hanger, but I knew when it was on me.  That said, I only went one place (Brides Against Breast Cancer) and I very much had the BUY NOW TODAY pressure if I wanted the dress for that price.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a very difficult time picking a dress because I 'liked' most of them. BUT then... I tried one that I just 'loved'!! So be patient, only visit 3 bridal stores at a time, and you will find the perfect dress.

Also, I ended up with the silhouette that I wanted from the beginning. I think that is the most important thing. Find which silhouette you like and also flatters you the best and then move on from there :)

HTH!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards