Florida-South Florida
Options

what would you do?!!!?

Okay, so FI really, REALLY wants to go to Hawaii. (Maui)
We set our HM budget at $3,500.
With all hotels/flights combinations possible we come in at around $3,300 and change. This is NOT including food/drinks/activities. We only really just want to do a snorkel cruise and the road to hana and a rainforest hike.
Would you go to Hawaii regardless and just go over budget a little to accomodate food/drinks/activities?
Would you go somewhere else?
Would you go to Hawaii and NOT do any excursions?
Would you really just go somewhere else and do this as a nice vacation for our anniversary? If so, where on earth should we go on our honeymoon?
ahhhh! i really want to go there for him but i have a hugeeee feeling its going to throw us massively over budget and i don't want to be hating life on our honeymoon because were going to be broke when we get back lol

Re: what would you do?!!!?

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really want to go to Hawaii, I say do it. Maybe cut back on some other things so you can better afford your HM? Especially if this is the one wedding - related thing that your FI really wants to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where have you looked for packages to Hawaii? Have you tried Travelzoo?
    That's where we're looking for our honeymoon, but with so many choices we can't decide!

Look there you may find a cheaper rate & can  afford all the excursions you wanted.

But if it was me...I'd go  over-budget and worry about it later....
    plus you're probably going to get cash at the reception that you can use toward everything.
  • Options
    ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, if you really want to go, you should definitely go.  Maybe just trim the budget elsewhere.  Also, have you looked at any all inclusive hotels? Definitely don't go and not to the excursions.  It will only make you mad and that's the whole point of going anyway.  Have you spoken to a travel agent? They often have access to packages that the average person doesn't.  GL and HTH.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Hawaii, Maui to be exact. Have you looked into Sam's CLub travel and Costco travel, to see if they have any good deals on hawaiian honeymoons, also how about waiting until you all get to Hawaii to schedule excursions and then you all can decide at that time exactly what things you want to do!!!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Maui and got an awesome deal on TravelZoo through Holiday Travels.  Give them a try their deals are amazing.  We are paying $2400 for the Ritz, flights, car, and $500 resort credit.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go and keep looking for better options.  I went to Oahu and Kauai for a week for under $2,200 total for the 2 of us for flights and hotel.  Check out VRBO.com for private rentals which can be less expensive than the resorts.  Many times the rooms are in the resorts for less than the hotel charges or they are condos close by.  Get a rental car by contacting a local travel agent in Hawaii.  They get good discounts.  I would not recommend going there without any "excursions."  That is the best part of the trip in my opinion.  Costco and Travelzoo have good discounts too.     
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    okay will check out vrbo.com i think thats a good alternative. :)
    thanks for your help ladies :):)
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's Go if you two wanna go badly, enjoy it!! Look around at other deals and places and see which will be best. GL
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately agree with the girls...go if this is what you guys want and def check out all those awesome suggestions that pps gave to save money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards