Florida-South Florida

Married ladies... redundant...

I am getting mixed answers on this. I have heard some girls say they went right from the SS office to the DMV to change their names. Then, I have heard some girls say they had to wait for their SS card to come in before they were able to change it at the DMV. I know I have to at least have our marriage license... HELP!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Married ladies... redundant...

• FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Delray SS office first thing in the morning.  They give you a piece of paper that says some stuff on it and when to expect your new card in the mail.  Then I walked right over to the DMV and did my license the same day.  Just bring your marriage certificate and that paper from SS. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011

The DMV told me I needed to wait 24h because they pull up your social in their system

• zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See.... mixed answers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that the DMV changed some of their rules after I was married.  I don't know exactly what the changes were, so maybe Christina's answer is more accurate than mine since she's done hers after the switch. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blehh... maybe I should call the DMV?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree Andra.... the rules might have switched after we got married.

BUT, we went straight to the DMV after we left the SS place. They actually gave me my new SS card right there... so I took the card and our marriage license to the DMV that same morning.

Again, the rules might have changed.

Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would def. call the DMV and ask that way you know exactly what you need. I know as of Jan. 1st the DMV has changed some things so check them out.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You  will need is a primary form of ID, proof proof of your SS#, your marriage license, and 2 proofs of residential address.  You don't have to have your actuall SS card, you can also prove SS# with a W-2 or paycheck. 

This site will tell you the new requirements as of 1/1/10.  Just type your info at the right of the screen and it will tell you everything you need. HTH.

http://www.gathergoget.com/

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards