Florida-South Florida
Options

Stupid question alert!! (I apologize in advance)

What is the inner envelope for in the invites? I already sent mine out, so obviously I didn't use them. I thought the inner envelope was the RSVP card envelope. Bahahaha! This explains why the Knot guest list says names on the inner envelope.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Stupid question alert!! (I apologize in advance)

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its just an envelope with in a envelope. I think its an etiquette thing but I am not using one because I think its a waste
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is just an envelope within an envelope. We are using them for couples that are invited  but don't live together or people who are invited with a guest, but may not have assumed they were invited with a guest. So, the outer envelope would say:
    Mr. John Smith
    123 Elm Street
    Boca Raton, 33428

and the inner envelope, will say "John and Jane" or "John and guest"

I don't know if that's the proper use for them, lol, but that's what we're doing. However, if you didn't use them, no one will notice and you helped save some trees :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Know what? When I got the invite, I didn't even notice... Don't sweat it! 

Seems like an excessive amount of envelopes, in my opinion, haha. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I'm not worried about not having one. I wasn't sure what they were. Even if I did know what they were I still wouldn't of sent them out. I don't like to spend money on something so unnecessary. Thanks ladies for answering my question. You rock!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with the girls. It's an envelope inside an envelope... It's odd
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_stupid-question-alert-apologize-advance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:9201657a-00f8-40c5-9add-6cbeeb6893c9Post:8a9d295b-0cfe-49fc-8210-e1f6ca081bd8">Re: Stupid question alert!! (I apologize in advance)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agree with the girls. It's an envelope inside an envelope... It's odd
    Posted by waterroxy17[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is just that an envelope in an envelope...I had to use them because the envelopes on my invites were Navy Blue and you could not see any of the names on it...but honestly if they had been a light color I would not have used them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I have an envelope inside and envelope inside pocketfolds lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lizzied82lizzied82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like I learned something new today!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jmsw143jmsw143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I read somewhere that the envelope within the envelope is tradition from when mail was more beat us in the process of delivering. The second envelope would arrive nice and pretty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards