Florida-South Florida

Are you going to do Teeth Whitening...

I bought a Groupon for the ZOOM! whitening for like $99, I thought, for that amount, I'll def go for it.
um...HOLY HELL...SOOO painful!! I dont normally have super sensitive teeth (every now and again ice cream can hurt but like once in 5 years)...so I thought no problem...the doctor's office was so nice, clean etc...but when she finished I literally got in my car and started BAWLING...now crying...BAWLING...so much pain shooting through the nerves I couldnt drive for like 30 minutes...I was in that horrible pain for 48 hours and two tubes of "Oragel".
Sooo...FYI if you are considering it...be ready...
imageBabyFetus Ticker

Re: Are you going to do Teeth Whitening...

• edited December 2011
    yeah, I did it once and was shocked afterward, they warned me once they had gotten started. The sensitivity is undescribable. I'm debating doing it now, because I'm so scared of going through it again!!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds awful...

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I was actually going to get this done BUT then heard about the pain and said heck no!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    FI wants to do this when we get our braces off but he has been so sensitive with braces that I can't imagine him doing this! We will probably stick to whitestrips first :)
  • plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!! I had no idea!! I used Crest 3d whitestrips the other day (got a sample w/ my toothpaste). They are, apparently, the best OTC whitening method. However, while using them I got a sharp burst of pain along the gums of one of my teeth and it was sensitive all night!! I couldn't imagine if all my teeth were like that!

Did you see a big difference w/ zoom?? Is it worth the pain... I don't know if I'm all in for "no pain, no gain" beauty treatments!
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally dont think its worth it...my teeth werent "yellow" but I figured I wanted to look my best for the wedding and the price was right...but i would NEVERRRR do this again! :)
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did it also right before my wedding... the pain was HORRIBLE for 48 hours... but I think it was TOTALLY worth it... I took tylenol and it helped with the pain. I would totally do it again.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_going-teeth-whitening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:927ab6f0-26d4-42fb-9ce5-5735c4ef90f6Post:2609150b-ff4b-4de1-b16e-269316283f7c">Re: Are you going to do Teeth Whitening...</a>:
    [QUOTE] the pain was HORRIBLE. I would totally do it again.
    Posted by lyndopo[/QUOTE]

Taking parts of your quote out Lynette sounds funny to me lol
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done the 2hr Crest Strips and my teeth were supr sensitive for a couple hours. Been thinking of buying one of those groupon deals for professional whitening but now I think I might have second thoughts LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards