Florida-South Florida
Options

Honest opinions ladies

This is my idea for the welcome letter in our oot boxes.

Is this corny?

Are the places lame? Would you put a map or directions on the back of it or let the guests ask concierge?

As a guest, would you find this nice/helpful or just be like whatever?

HONEST.

Thanks.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/goldie3474/welcomelettercopy.jpg
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honest opinions ladies

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it. I think it's very nice and helpful... as far as directions or maps... maybe on the back? Do you think your guests would ask concierge? If not, then add it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think it's beautiful! and i think the places are great. maybe a small map for each place is good? like a general overview? i think if they need directions they can get it from the concierge.

:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually really really like it, Poppy!

A general map of South Florida would do, don't stress too much over it. It's good as it is.
  • Options
    Ven1Ven1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it!
    I don't know if you will be able to fit the maps for each place in the back.
    I would normally ask the concierge for directions, but for those that couldn't think of it maybe I would write in the end "Ask the hotel concierge for directions and Enjoy!" Instead of going through the trouble of mapping each place. BTW the suggestions are not lame at all!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leave it to the concierge to do the mapping :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks - great idea, I will add see concierge for directions :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it! It looks great and sounds great! =)
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goodness you're good at this stuff!

I think you should include directions somehow. I know for FI's side the fam is kinda lazy (mostly men) so they would like to have directions and above all that you're suggesting places to visit, which is cool.

Also you included the beach and that there are bars/rest along the way so that's good for everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    joanne - good point - I think I might make a small section of directions on the back or maybe leave maps with concierge for them to take?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's helpful, especially if people are not familiar with things to do in the area.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From a hotel's point of view... please add your own directions! haha. Or, what I have seen, is some people leave personal directions at the desk for those that want them. Also, I think you should take out the last here in the first paragraph.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it. Personally I would leave maps and directions with the concierge, which Im sure would do better, because it would an actual person to provide them landmarks to go by, etc. HTH
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it. I especially like how you included a place specific to you guys. I don't think a map is really necessary, lots of people have GPS or can get directoins on their phone or like you said ask the concierge.

I am not sure how far the wedding is from the hotel, maybe include directions or a map to there, since you know everyone will be going there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it!  I think you did a fantastic job with it.  I do think you should include directions or a map. 

Personally I would just put the brochure/maps in the OOT bags. why make them walk down to the concierge for the map?  .........but then again I do not like concierges so this may just be an issue with me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tmmathetmmathe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love, love it....you ARE really good at this stuff.  I think a general map of the area would be a nice touch so people would know where each location is in relation to the hotel...but you really can't go wrong either way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! It's helpful! If they're out of town, they have no idea so it's no lame at all :) Honestly
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa,

I love it! I like the idea of leaving maps at the concierge.

Also, maybe adding info about Sawgrass and restaurants along University Drive might be helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shari you know, my mom mentioned the sawgrass too - said ooters love it there... thank you! I def need to add that one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    um, you are so freaking good at this stuff - it's incredible. I am going to attempt to make this and I was going to have very similar things!!

My whole wedding is practically OOT so I'm including a general "timeline" of where we will be that weekend. Just a suggestion!

it's amazing. you're really talented.

p.s. I say no maps - everyone loves gps and if not, they'll figure it out, lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa,
    How much is the hotel charging you to deliver your welcome bags?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it's been mentioned - but I personally like the idea of making your own maps/directions and leaving them with the concierge. Then guests can just walk up and say, "Hi, I'm with the X wedding and need direction."

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

court - aww thanks I will help you if you want!

Shari - they told me $1 per item left for the guests at check in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alissa,

I love the letter, very nice.  What program are you using to make all this in? I like the idea of maps, I am going to make my own though or get them through etsy.  Your hotel may have maps to provide you for the bags.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use photoshop :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards