Florida-South Florida
Options

Florist Appointment Tonight

Hi Girls -

I have my first florist appointment tonight and I wanted to know if there was any specific I should ask?

The florist told me to bring in pictures of my BM dresses, My dress and any flowers I like.

Other than that should I bring anything else? I don't know too much about flowers so hopefully the appointment doesnt make me want to pull out my hair.

Thanks!!
*February Siggy*
<3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Florist Appointment Tonight

• Options
    MarypashMarypash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my florist over e-mail, so you're already much more prepared than I was!  I just looked at photos, decided what flowers I liked, and booked it.  You'll probably have a much more unique set of flowers this way.  Just make sure you shop around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abova001abova001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just researched centerpieces online and found pictures of things that I liked- same for bouquets.. for the most part the Florist will give you ideas too (if they are good). They know what looks good together and what doesnt.. so once you give them an idea about your style they can guide you or give you alternate ideas too. They usually have their own pictures to show you as well. HTH :)
    Visit Miami.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are the questions that my book "Wedding planning for dummies" says to ask (this is an awesome book by the way): 1) Has he/she worked at your venue before? If not, would she/he make a trip to visit the site before writing a proposal? 2) What props, tablecloths, floral containers, and other extras does the florist own? What would need to be rented and by whom? 3) Do you like the environment of the florist's shop or space? 4) Are his/her concepts original? How does he/she respond to your ideas? If you've brought clippings, is he interested in them? 5) How does he/she handle substituting flowers if the ones you've decided on become unavailable due to unexpected circumstances? 6) Will he/she make a sample CP or table setup for you? 7) What are the setup and breakdown fees? 8) How soon can you expect a proposal? 9) What are his/her payment terms? 10) Does he/she think the budget you're estimating is realistic? If not, how much does he/she think your ceremony and reception flowers will really cost? Hope this helps! Sorry it's so long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I'm already on Amazon ordering that book. Sounds like it would be a lot of help :)
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_florist-appointment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:943f4275-c78d-4599-937b-85862c6f2503Post:1eddf6f7-c0dc-4364-891f-3c1c9eac97e7">Re: Florist Appointment Tonight</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much! I'm already on Amazon ordering that book. Sounds like it would be a lot of help :)
    Posted by Pamela718[/QUOTE]

Omg!! It is an awesome book. I read this book before joining the Knot and learned a lot. I think every bride should get this book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards