Florida-South Florida

Miami Hair/Makeup & Tourism Ideas?

Hi ladies!

Hubby and I were married earlier this year (August) a few days after Hurricane Irene ruined our Wedding day.  Due to the last minute change of our wedding date, we did not have the opportunity to have our post wedding/trash the dress session done the day after as we'd initially planned.

Our wonderful photographer (Gregory Paul - cannot say enough great things about this man and his wife!!) travelled to Newport, RI with his wonderful assistant to do our wedding day photography and we recently organized to take a trip down to Miami in March next year to finish what we started :)

This will be our first trip to Miami and I'll be taking my dress with me for a post wedding shoot at Vizcaya... I can't wait!!  I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a hair/makeup artist in the Miami area that may be willing to do hair/makeup at our hotel? 

I'm also wondering if anyone could suggest some 'must see's' while we're there, a fun restaurant / bar / club for when our friends come down to meet us from Boston the day after the wedding shoot or any tourist attractions we should see?

Thanks ladies!!
?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?

Re: Miami Hair/Makeup & Tourism Ideas?

• Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try Jaclyn Rera from MamaJax Beauty. She's really sweet and very reasonable prices. We just had our wedding on Sat and she was awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Sucks that Katrina ruined your photos, but thats awesome you get to wear your dress again!

This has come up a few times (I'm still looking myself) ... Search this board and a ton of threads will come up ... at least it's a start. 

Welcome to Miami.

MUST SEE PLACES:

If you are staying close to Brickell Club 50 --- its like a loungy club
    Also close to Brickell is FADO's an Irish pub
    South Beach -- Playwright and Buck15!  LOVE BUCK, but its not your typical "Miami" crowd.
    If you want all out South Beach I would suggest LIV in the Fountainbleu

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • domiqubanadomiqubana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try http://www.claudsmakeupcorner.com/

She is very good and economical.

good Luck,
    Jess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards