Florida-South Florida
Options

Dress change during reception?

Ok so in my family's culture brides typically change into several gowns during the reception. Reasons I'm not doing it:

1. I LOVE my wedding gown. When am I ever going to get the chance to really wear it again? The other gowns would be ones I could wear to other events. You only really get one chance to wear a wedding gown. 
2. More gowns = more $$ which totally is not in my budget

My parents are giving me a hard time about it. They really want me to change at least once. Are any of you changing during your reception? Trying to convince my parents that I'm not crazy to want to keep my wedding gown on all night. Thoughts, ladies? TIA

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress change during reception?

• Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not think you are crazy at all. I am wearing my wedding dress the entire night. I fell in love with it, and as you said, you only get to wear it once! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I too am wearing my dress the whole night. This is the most exspensive piece of clothing I'll ever buy, so I wanna wear it as long as I can. Just tell them a wedding dress/gown really means a lot to a girl and you can't dare part with yours.

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't change either. Honestly, I'd just tell them that you're so in love with your dress, only get to wear it this one day and are going to wear it all night. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing my dress the whole night also. I can wear only wear a wedding dress once(maybe twice for a rock the dress)and want to wear it as long as possible
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to change dresses but like you said I will only be able to wear the dress once and since we are spending so much money on it I want to get the most out of it! Maybe you can change to leave the party into a cocktail dress? (even if your going to go to a hotel)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards