Florida-South Florida
Options

table sizes???

what kind of tables are you doing??

8 person
10 person
12 person
long family style?

i dont know which one to choose!! ahhhh!

Re: table sizes???

• Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

for older/parents' guests, i'm having 72" tables of 10-12 people.  for younger guests, i'm having cocktail tables of 4.

• Options
    SapidonSapidon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the long family style right now.  It seems so modern!  I would love to do that at mine, but I am not sure my venue can accomodate it or has the tables (though I am going to ask again to be sure). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the long family style tables too, but they just wouldn't look right in my venue.  I am going for smaller 60" tables with 7-8 per table.  I wanted it to be more intimate and for everyone to have a little more breathing room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have 10 tops, since that's what the caterer has.

I'm really loving the whole 8 top square tables though.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having 10 per table.
  • Options
    BocaSueBocaSue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Small tables are easier for seating arrangements, but I'd check with your caterer to see if he has a preference.

Good luck and congratulations!!
    Proud employee of Best Wishes of Boca. We have wedding registries, jewelry, china, and collectibles. http://www.bestwishes.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to do the long family style.. I really love the look and I think it will add to our whole backyard family setting..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I picked my tables after my seating arrangements, it actually worked perfect because some are groups of 8 and others 9-10 SO I'm getting some round for 8, some round for 10 and 4 square ones of 8 just to mix it up a little. So I recommend either wait if you can or get different ones from the start =) I love the mix of round and square.
  • Options
    lmunchicklmunchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with 10 tops with a few 8 sprinkled in. Some family members are fairly large and if we squeeze 10 at those tables no one will be comfortable. I love the long tables but its gives our room a cafteria vibe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are going to range from 8 to 12 at certain tables depending on how it breaks down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Long family style....although I don't really have a choice since my reception will be in a public restaurant. =D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be different sizes from 8 to 12. It will depend on our seating chart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards