Florida-South Florida
Options

How Can I Research A Vendor?

Normally I'd go on weddingwire.com, but if I can't find anything, is there a way to see how long a vendor's company name has been in business?  I'm really excited about a vendor, but then again it seems too good to be true....and although all signs point that way, I'm still trying to find the silver lining. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How Can I Research A Vendor?

• Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is the vendor?  Maybe someone has heard of them before and give you some background.  Maybe the better business beaureau website?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I normally google everything to see what comes up..
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Like PP said I google everything, peoples names, company names, all of it (if I can't find reviews easily)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do sunbiz.org.. It says who are the registered agents and if they are an active ( Tax paying ) business...
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls....I went on Sunbiz.org and found out they JUST filled for their ficticious name on 1/18/2011.....that's pretty bad huh???? :c/  What I'm worried about is how they got my info.... :c/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you mean fictitious name?lol and can you tell us who the vendor is so we all stay away? Tia!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tell ya that Sunbiz.org is fantastic!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ficticious name is just a fancy name for their "business name"....I'm so hestitant to say their name because I really want to meet them and part of me really wants to sign the deal because it's sounds like heaven....but it DOES seem to good to be true...

Here's what they offered, and PLEASE be honest and tell me because I do not want to be burned, but if they are a new vendor, maybe they are just doing it for new customers??? <- again trying to find a silver lining. 

OFFER: If I purchase the video, photography is included....unlimited time and locations, 3 albums - 1 12x12 for us, 2 8x8 for parents, 16x20, 8x10, 100 4x6's, 1 bluray for us, 5 reg. dvds for fam/friends, all digital neg on a cd w/ copyright release for any size, plus a digital copy to load on your....*drum roll please* iPad 2 <- that they are providing....I know, I know ladies, you're probably thinking to yourself this girl is such a loser for believing them...but the budget is really tight, and I'm soooooo tempted right now!!!!  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out their real names, how else can I research the "people" not the business?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's been a while since I've been on... but keep in mind that if someone is a sole proprieter.. they do not have to register with the state of florida..  They would need to file taxes on their tax return as additional income..  They also may not be required to file in their county either if their industry is not taxxed (Occupational Licenses).... Depending on the type of vendor.. check to see if they have an association for them.,.. like a DJ's of Americ.a. or WeDJ.. I think the videographers and photographers have one too..
    But Hotels, and things along those lines.. those are deinfitely on Sunbiz..
    And anyone can register with the IRS for an Employer Identification Number..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_can-research-vendor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:9c8f8d92-f9a4-4911-82e5-d325e0de0a81Post:f750e830-bad6-40ab-a9dd-43b9ff66670f">Re: How Can I Research A Vendor?</a>:
    [QUOTE] OFFER: If I purchase the video, photography is included....unlimited time and locations, 3 albums - 1 12x12 for us, 2 8x8 for parents, 16x20, 8x10, 100 4x6's, 1 bluray for us, 5 reg. dvds for fam/friends, all digital neg on a cd w/ copyright release for any size, plus a digital copy to load on your....*drum roll please* iPad 2 <- that they are providing....I know, I know ladies, you're probably thinking to yourself this girl is such a loser for believing them...but the budget is really tight, and I'm soooooo tempted right now!!!!  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out their real names, how else can I research the "people" not the business?
    Posted by CAbiera[/QUOTE]

<div>I am going to have to say too good to be true. If they are saying they will give you an Ipad 2 and all this for a non budget busting price, they can't be real because they can't be making any money.</div><div>
    </div><div>Did you google their names? You can google the address too.. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to definitely google, I called again today just to make sure of the deal and now I was told since I'm not getting the "deluxe" package it's going to be a regular iPad because the iPad2 is not even available right now...then I told them I found a giftcard they advertised for $500 off and they said I couldn't use that because it was only one promotion per customer...*bubble burst!* Probably too good to be true!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    who is the vendor? maybe i can help with research.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards