Florida-South Florida

Former Knottie planning Bat Mitzvah!

Hi, Ladies! I planned my 1999 wedding with the help of the Knotties back on what were then the AOL The Knot boards. Fast forward 13 years later and I'm about to start planning my daughter's Bat Mitzvah for November of next year! It seems so far off, and some of my friends and going way over the top for these celebrations, but we're looking to do something small and inexpensive and fun, mostly geared for her friends, but also fun for the adults. I see that lots of ladies here are planning South Florida weddings on a budget, so I'm thinking I can certainly plan a Bat Mitzvah celebration for about 75 people for $10k or less. I know Knotties are great resources for the best ideas, so I'm hoping you all can share your thoughts. I planned my wedding in 1998, so it's been a long time since I've done anything like this. We want to have the celebration in Broward. Thank you all!

Re: Former Knottie planning Bat Mitzvah!

• outside or inside? in broward there are lots of pretty parks and november is a good time of year to do something outside, what about old daive school house? i looked there for my wedding but i live in boca and it was too far :( but a friend of mine got married there last year and she loved it! you can bring in all outside vendors...mazel tov on your simcha! here is the link for the school house  http://odshm.ch2v.com/
  • Thank you! I actually thought of the school house. I went there on a field trip with my daughter a couple of years ago and thought that grand room was great. I'm also thinking of looking at the room at volunteer park in sunrise, which I heard was nice. Just not sure what exactly we can do food and fun-wise with the budget we want to stick to. I have no idea what catering costs these other than to know that a big synagogue affair costs $$$ and we have a small family and small budget and just can't spend that kind of money. We also have an 8 year old, so we'll be having another celebration in 2016! Good and inexpensive DJ recommendations anyone?
  • Try my venue: Hillcrest Golf & Country Club! Great prices and the place is gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 100 Invited imageimage54 Ready to Party! image 5 NO! image 41 Slackers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards