Florida-South Florida
Options

Proofreaders needed- Invite help

I am somewhat of a perfectionist but not very good at it when it comes to computers or crafts. I have a $50 coupon for vista print that cost me $10 so I am ordering invitations now before it expires. I chose to make them informal because our wedding is not very formal. For example, informal wording in the beginning, no middle names and an informal font all together. I was wondering if someone can proofread and tell me if the wording, font, font size, spacing etc is okay. I used a snipping tool (it didn't work out very well) but the top says YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND and the gray and orange border does go all the way around the invite. I also included the RSVP with a respond date of 3 weeks before the wedding. Your input is greatly appreciated. This is my first time doing this but I appreciate your honest opinions! TIA!

Edit: Took out images.

Re: Proofreaders needed- Invite help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The invite looks nice - I love your colors!  IMHO, you can probably get away with just saying "reception to follow" as opposed to "reception immediately following ceremony."  Also, will your ceremony begin at 5:30?  If so, I would put 5:00 on the invite just in case there are people running late (and there usually always are).  

On a side note, what a great idea to ask guests to request songs. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they look great. I dont know if I would put that there is complimentary parking on the invite but thats me. I love the response card, but how are you going to know who they are from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree if the wedding starts at 5:30 - you should put 5:00PM. Also, make sure with the venue you do not have to ask guest beforehand what entree selection they would like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I like reception to follow better :) The ceremony starts at 6, maybe 6:10. The parking is to let people know to park at China Grill and not the hotel. How should I word it? Take out complimentary? And no idea on how I will know who the rsvp cards are from... the return address? It's close family and friends so I could always ask is it the four of you? Are the kids coming? etc. I was trying to avoid the M_______________ lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beth: It's a buffet :) That's the first thing Danielle said!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about spacing and font size? I have moved things around so many times that my eyes are starting to play tricks on me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think spacing and font are good. It looks great. I think you need some way for them to put their names the response card, unless you put their return address on each one. I never add my return address to a response card.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, there needs to be somewhere for them to put their names... but other than that I think they are great!! Very cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It makes complete sense but can anyone tell me a good way to do that without the formal M_____________?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_proofreaders-needed-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:9ebee743-7226-48b2-9584-051d97aa7fe7Post:e61b8bb7-f040-4576-a83b-f29e66eb76b4">Re: Proofreaders needed- Invite help</a>:
    [QUOTE]It makes complete sense but can anyone tell me a good way to do that without the formal M_____________?
    Posted by HeatherL212[/QUOTE]

<div>What about something like this:</div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you for the kind invitation to your wedding</div><div>__ I accept with pleasure</div><div>__ I decline with regret</div><div>From _________________________</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the font!  I agree with perhaps leavings the part about the parking off of the invite.  On the day of would there be a way to have a special parking sign just for your guests to indicate where to park?  On my RSVPs I'm planning on just having a line for them to write their name on without the M. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love your colors!!!!

I saw this and thought it might work for you....

Name(s)

________ Can't wait

________ Can't come
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Black out the info!!! PP offered good advice :D
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! All good suggestions! I switched to "reception to follow", took out the word "complimentary" and changed the rsvp to "name(s), can't wait, can't come". I love how it's simple and informal. Pretty sure I fixed everything but I may post one more time before ordering just to be sure :)  Thanks again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards