Florida-South Florida

NWR: Donate or Garage sale

Hi ladies

I know I have been posting sporadically due to my move and shower being in a couple of weeks....

Here is my dilemma, I have a lot of stuff I am not planning on taking to the apartment  since I don't want them anymore ( Clothes, shoes, winter coats, electronics, home decor ,etc.) I don't know if I really want to have a garage sale ( I really don't have the time for one) and I am contemplating maybe donating...What would you ladies do?
South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: NWR: Donate or Garage sale

• edited December 2011

So... donating is the nice thing to say BUT getting some money back on your stuff would be awesome.

This is out of the box but I saw someone do this on Facebook and you should see the responses she got! She made an album and called it "Garage Sale" or something like that. She took a picture of all her stuff and had people name a price or she would put a price.... this avoids you having to sit outside in the heat and you can just coordinate to drop the stuff off.

I would do that for home decor, electronics or other big things... I would donate the clothes and also anything that I couldn't sell.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I hate setting up for garage sales. And I've always felt that the money you make at the end of the day doesn't even equal the amount of stress it took to set up, price everything, sit outside, deal with hagglers, etc. For those reasons alone, I vote donate. Plus, it's a nice thing to do!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Facebook idea!! Someone's trash is another person's treasure and FB is definitely a great way to spread the word. After you try that then you can donate what's left. GL!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Faith! Not worth the stress to set up. Donate it!!
  • edited December 2011
    As a frequent mover, I typically donate a lot and craigslist/ebay anything that I think might sell easily. For my last move I brought clothes, shoes, and furniture to Salvation Army, but sold a printer and air conditioning unit on craigslist.
  • mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do donate, make a free account on itsdeductible.com and it'll help you give a value to each item you're donating then you can submit that with your receipts when you do taxes next year.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards