Florida-South Florida

crazy hour

Am I right?  Is this when party favors such as beads, bandanas, etc get passed out? Or is it something else?

Is anyone doing this? 

Re: crazy hour

• avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of it?
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a lot of past brides have done this and it has turned out to be a success!! I am not doing this since I have a DW. But if I wasn't I definatly would have done crazy hour!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Daphness, you're right. Party favors get passed out, and usually they hire dancers, like Samba dancers, and they all dance and have like a "festival."

• edited December 2011
    It's SO cute!! 
  • jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vanesa just did this at her wedding, hopefully she will chime in.
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    never heard of it either till now, sounds fun.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ven1Ven1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing it!
    I'm not sure where the tradition started, but I am from Venezuela and ever since I can remember it's done at every single wedding.

There are 3 ways to distribute the party favors:
    1) A box is hidden under each table with the party favors and at the beginning of the hora loca the DJ tells the guests to pull the boxes under the tables.
    2) The bride and groom plus the bridesmaids come in at the beginning of the crazy hour with baskets filled with the favors and distribute them among guests
    3) If you have stilt walkers coming in, they will have the baskets with the favors and distribute them to the guests.

It's usually at midnight or on the last hour of the party, fun hats, beads, masks are given to the guest and different types of music are played to let people loose.

I hope to have the UM mascot show up as a surprise to FI since I have the feeling he will like this better than a groom's cake!

I ordered my stuff from;
    Sorry for the long post, HTH
  • michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its really called "hora loca" they are companies in Miami that specialize in this, however it is really not that complicated. If your DJ really pumps the music for the last hour and you have someone pass out beads, mask, crazy hats, maybe glow sticks and noise makers that would be fine... I know Vanessa hired a company that send people in costumes and people on stilts... That would be for the WOW Factor... I SOOOO want to do this... but not sure if I can squuuueeeeez it into the budget....
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • daphnessdaphness member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ahhh it makes more sense now!  I dont think I wil have the people in stilts and stuff (even though i would like it) I guess I'll have the dj pass out party favors. Sounds fun!  Thanks girls!
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing it, and i really like the idea of having the boxes underneath the table!
    Since I am getting married on Feb. 27th right around Mardi Gras, we are doing a Mardi Gras themed Hora Loca.
    I got my masks from www.emardigrasbeads.com  for $100 for a whole bunch and am buying my beads at Party City so i wont have to pay shipping on heavy beads.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards