Florida-South Florida
Options

NWR: w palm beach/palm beach and surrounding area rec

Hello,

I thought that maybe some of you ladies could help me.  I'm helping my parents plan a trip to w. palm beach.  I've been searching the internet but thought maybe if there were some locals or ppl who have been there could give some advice.  I'm  looking for rec for hotels, restaurants and even must see places.  We have found some things but really looking for some input.  Recs for places to go or even places to stay away from would be great appreciated.

TIA

ETA: As for budget there going to be down there a week so there trying to find something reasonably priced but not to low end.  We've always heard the this area is pricey so were a little afraid of these $40-50 a night hotels.  Also are there any seafood places that are good.  Preferable not a chain restaurant, someplace that seafood is the main food served.

Re: NWR: w palm beach/palm beach and surrounding area rec

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your parents budget is: so here is a few in West Palm Beach

Palm Beach is the upscale island, while the hotels are georgeous with ocean views they come with a pricetag.  Check out: The Breakers, The Colony and the Chesterfield Hotel.

In West Palm Beach: the Marriott is right there in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach...or even the Hilton West Palm Beach. 

Restaurants in CityPlace (downtown West Palm Beach)
    - Ruth Chris
    - Cheesecake Factory
    - BB Kings
    - Taverna Opa
    - City Celler
    - Il Ballagio
    -Morton's Steakhouse

Great Restaurants in Palm Beach
    - Flagler Steakhouse
    - Cafe L'Europe
    - Renzo's
    - Taboo
    - Echo (sushi)
    - Coco

Hope this helps! Email me if you have any other questions: Dee72930@hotmail.com
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Palm Beach area is tough- you go from ghetto to millionaire lane in the span of a block. Cityplace and downtown Clematis area are pretty nice for dining and shopping. Flagler Museum on Palm Beach is a nice place to visit as well. As for hotels, it all depends on pricing. If you are looking for something a little cheaper, you want to head a little west. I wouldn't book anything on 45th Street.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is also Downtown West Palm Beach with Rocco's Tacos, Bradleys, Palm Beach Steakhouse...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ah...thanks for the reminder Beth...how could I ever forget Rocco's Taco's!  hehe
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Bradley's and Rocco's Tacos are fun! Definitely agree with Chloe's advice about not staying on 45th street. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards