Florida-South Florida
Options

Invitation Timeline

So I need like a timeline for invites. My wedding is 12/10. Do I want my RSVP deadline to be Nov 10 (that way its before Thanksgiving). Then when do I mail them out around 10/10? How long with you allow for invitations going to Europe? Do you send OOT first and then local? 

I'm not looking forward to all of this!

Re: Invitation Timeline

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the exact same thing, Krysta.  I will be watching this thread.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sending the OOT invites on (roughly) 6/15 and the in towns on 7/1 -- our wedding is 9/4 (Labor Day weekend) so I am allowing a little extra time for booking holiday travel.  HTH!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I found on TK for regular guests and OOT guests. It doesn't mention overseas guests, so I'm assuming it's only Out of State (but still USA) guests:

Ideally, invitations should go out eight weeks before the wedding -- this gives guests plenty of time to clear their schedules for the day and make travel arrangements if they are out-of-towners. Timely invitations also let you make the RSVP date earlier -- about three weeks before the wedding -- so you can get a final head count and start making a seating chart (if you'll have one) before the week-before-the-wedding crunch begins. At the very latest, guests should receive invitations six weeks in advance, and you should receive responses two weeks before the big day.

I found this for Overseas guests on easyweddings.com:

Send international mail 8 weeks prior to your wedding and interstate invitations should be posted around 7 weeks before the wedding date.

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I would say send overseas guests invites 8 weeks before and local guests 6-7 weeks before. Making the RSVP date for about 2 weeks before wedding. HTH!!!
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks CMP! I may do a little earlier than that because that sets the RSVP date right around Thanksgiving and I know people won't be thinking about my wedding then :)
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_invitation-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:a06a1b7c-3487-4aaa-afd0-ff5053f1823bPost:bf7fd563-df4d-49c0-b44e-50115fcc2b32">Re: Invitation Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks CMP! I may do a little earlier than that because that sets the RSVP date right around Thanksgiving and I know people won't be thinking about my wedding then :)
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

No problem!!! Yeah, you could do it at 3- 3 1/2 weeks before wedding. GL!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards