Florida-South Florida
Options

Publix Wedding Cake?

How much do you think a wedding cake would be for 55 people?

Re: Publix Wedding Cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A whole bunch of deliciousness...

In all honesty though, I think it depends on the design, if it's an elaborate one its more, if its a plain sheet cake, then less. What design do you have in mind?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_publix-wedding-cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:a13e3142-90b8-4c09-ae21-e7537aa4d384Post:20b69e7d-8fe9-4174-80ea-9b1849382fb9">Re: Publix Wedding Cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A whole bunch of deliciousness... In all honesty though, I think it depends on the design, if it's an elaborate one its more, if its a plain sheet cake, then less. What design do you have in mind?
    Posted by WeAreGs[/QUOTE]
    Agreed!<div>
    </div><div>When I was looking at their cakes I believe I could get a customized cake feeding 100 people for about $300. </div>

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to pay for a friends cake (they are having a small backyard wedding and can't afford cake!) I'm setting a budget for it. I thought maybe $250
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Publix can definitely accomodate that budget and you'll get a nice cake out of it. 

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that budget should be more than enough for a Publix cake. And what an awesome gift!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DELICIOUS!

My baker confessed to me her favorite cake is PUBLIX!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krysta that's so nice of you to give your friend her wedding cake as a gift!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_publix-wedding-cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:a13e3142-90b8-4c09-ae21-e7537aa4d384Post:8a961ab9-f83d-49ac-9fe7-de37b109cbf8">Re: Publix Wedding Cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Krysta that's so nice of you to give your friend her wedding cake as a gift!
    Posted by Jessica & Mark Andrew[/QUOTE]

Thanks! They couldn't afford to have a cake so it made me sad :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yummmy gift!!! Good Idea!!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    carl4252003carl4252003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote for a Publix wedding cake after I went to a bakery.  The $$ amounts were not off by much.  Only about $20-$30.

My quote from Publix to fead about 75 people, which is a 3 tier cake, was about $350 including tax and delivery.

I tasted both the Publix cake and the cake from the Bakery, both were OUTSTANDING, but for the small $$ difference, we went with the bakery.

Publix also does not let you customize your cakes.  You have to pick from a set few styles that they have.

Hope this helps!!!
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    irwin3138irwin3138 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the publix in Boca let me customize. We paid $419 for a 4 tier cake that fed 119 (plus the top tier for us). and it had a lot of piping
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Boca publix as well and was allowed full customization! I think it just depends on the Publix!

• Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp! Great (and generous) gift Krista! How nice!!! I have heard amazing thugs about publix!
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lizzied82lizzied82 member
    edited December 2011
    Which Publix did you go with? I am in Wellington. I guess I'll just go to the bakery and see what they can tell me! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards