Florida-South Florida

Sparklers?!

Hey ladies, I have a question.  A friend of mine is getting married and she was thinking about doing sparklers for her exit, but wasn't sure if it would be a pain in the butt.  Did/Are any of you doing this?  Whats your opinion on it (Awesome, not worth it, etc)?  Do you think it'll be hard to get them all lit in the same time frame?
TIA Ladies!  She lives in Savannah and her knot board isn't as active like ours.
Photobucket

Re: Sparklers?!

• edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing it!  I think it will be great!! Here are some things I have found that you can share with your friend...

Thefavorshop.com has different size sparklers.  I'm planning on going to a few firework stores to see my options their too. 
     I found this and thought it was a cute idea! HTH Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend did this, and it worked fine. I think you can get extra long sparklers just to make sure that everyone has time to get theirs lit prior to the exit.
  • herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Sparklers R Us...I got the 36 inch ones...they are a little more costly but stay lit for about 4 minutes, which should be plenty of time to get everyone's going (I am supplying lots of lighters) and get us down the walkway for some pics. I am SUPER excited about doing this- I just love the pics that come out of it and I think it is a unique way to end the night. Be aware that it is important to find smokeless sparklers, as the smoky ones won't make for good pics. Sparklers R Us had the cheapest prices I could find.
  • edited December 2011

my brother did it for his wedding and it was beautiful..they had the extra long sparklers..but the fastest way to light them was with the smaller sparklers..it was hard to get them light with lighters..(it took a while) so we passed out the small ones to some people who were made in charge of going around and lgithing them...the pics and video look AMAZING!

• ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh im from savannah too, the 36in ones last for 4min those are the ones we are using great exit!
  • herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, kind of funny but my sparklers happened to come in today and I didn't really do the math I guess (my mom called me a ditz today for not realizing this) but the damn things are like 3 feet long (yes, I know, that sounds so stupid that I didn't realize how big 36" is but I've been a little out of sorts lately!)!! ! I feel like I'm passing out freaking tree branches! I guess the 4 minute burn time is worth it but wow, what a shock when I saw how big the box was today! Haha, i guess all I can do is laugh at myself at this point...
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would look really cool but sparklers get me nervous because my grandmother was blinded by one. As long as everyone is careful (and no children are given them) I like its a cool idea for an exit
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards