Florida-South Florida
Options

Miracle Mile dress shop reviews.. (super long)

Ok so I am awake and bored and decided to those of you who have not gone adventurous dress shopping yet.. this is reviews of the ones on miracle mile! That I have hit so far!! I copied it from work so somehow the type is smaller..

I still have yet to find my dress... but coming closer.. and then final decisions with my mom and sister when they come to visit in Januray..

J del Orno

So I walked in during lunch without an appointment just to see if they had a style of Justin Alexander in the store. They didn’t and I was offered to be shown other dresses.. Ok fine.. then I am trying on dresses.. ok well whatever I was there. The sales woman was nice enough, not particularly friendly but not rude or pushy, just not warm. So after I go back to the front and ask if they can see if they can get the style so I can try it on, Sure, they will see and let me know and call me. Still haven’t gotten a phone call which is fine, I’ve moved on from the dress. The saleswoman was like next time make an appointment. I was like I didn’t ask to try on dresses!! And I did get a little card in the mail which was nice but again “don’t forget to make and appointment” funny. So I may be going back just to see other dresses since it was my first time trying on dresses.

Chic Parisian

Ahh loved this store. Beautiful dressing rooms, friendly staff (mine were anyway). They were having a trunk show so I basically only tried on the one designer. I did ask at the end about another one and the woman brought me the dress and I got to try it on, after I had already told her I was not going to buy a dress today.. The dresses were gorgeous anyway. I was told that I could leave a deposit to hold one dress I loved and then use it towards another dress if I came back and decided against it so I would be able to get 10% off because of the trunk show. Not said in a pushy way but it was good to know. I would go back if I want to spend more than my budget on a dress.. but for now, on to the next

Coral Gables Bridal

So my MOH and I walked into the store on a Saturday without an appointment and the woman to greet us mumbled something and walked away.. again I know it was a Saturday and I didn’t have an appointment, didn’t expect to try anything on. The girl she brought out was not very helpful in the picking of dresses but was cute and tried to help with some decisions after I had the ones I wanted to try on. I did not feel pressured at all to purchase something right at that moment. I found two dresses that I liked and she helped me try each one on like 3 times. Beside wanted to know my whole life story it was an ok experience.. I would def go back with my mom and my sister.

Merlili

Ahhh Merlili.. do not know where to start with this one. I’m sorry to offend anyone.. but their selection of dresses was horrible looked like I stepped into a 1980’s beauty pageant store. The woman was not at all helpful, not rude but not helpful. The dressing room is in the back like part of the storage and dirty. She could only find one clip and keep in mind the dress sizes are about 6x too big for me, one clip is not going to do it! I would not go back.

Davids Bridal

Again I don’t want to offend anyone but run as far as you can. The one in Coral Gables is a disaster. I just wanted to look at flower girl dresses. I was thrown a catalog and then told I had to sign in. I stood around for like ten minutes as a woman ran around not even acknowledging us, so I walked to the flower girl dresses saw one I liked and later emailed my sister. If I must go back I will just keep in mind to walk past the woman at the front desk.

Bellissima

Loved this store, again I had no appointment. I went in spur of the moment during lunch. It’s bad when you work near there! So the sales woman was so helpful in picking out dresses and getting to figure out what I wanted. I loved two, which were so different. I told her I would not be making a purchase until Jan when my mom and sister come and she was fine. I asked if I could bring my friend on Saturday to show her and she set up an appointment for me. All of the staff were super helpful and friendly. Will def be going back.

And next weekend Daisy Tarsi!!

Re: Miracle Mile dress shop reviews.. (super long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews!! We got one of the bridesmaids dresses from Daisy Tarsi. They were super nice and extremely helpful!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great reviews
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the reviews!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got my dress from Alfred Angelo this weekend and I couldn't say better things, they were super helpful and patient with me, let me look around and choose what I wanted and NOT what THEY thought I should wear.

I had a horrible experience at David's too, I suffer from anxiety and the place was so crazy that I almost had a panic attack no lie. They asked me questions that had nothing to do with the dress as in where are you getting married and how many guests will you have. I'm cuban and I'm used to loudness but I felt it was like a very "chusma" atmosphere. I dont want to offend anyone either but it was just not a comfortable setting for me at all. I did work with a nice girl who helped me out to try things on and was very patient but the overall experience was bad.

Daisy Tarsi was out of my budget but they were EXTREMELY nice. The lady I dealth with made me feel like family and was super patient as well.

Good luck to anyone looking for a dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Great reviews - I went to all of these stores (except Merlili) and had similar experiences.
    I purchased my dress at Bellisima and they were extremely sweet. Not pushy and they let me go a separate day to show my FMIL the dress.
    Good Luck with the rest of your shopping. I know you will find a dress you adore!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Daisy Tarsi may be out of my budget too.. I am going basically to see bridesmaids dresses but also for me :) I haven't tried Alfred Angelo and it wasnt on my list but I may have to go there. Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Coral Gables Bridal and they have a lot of Maggie Sottero dresses disguised as their "private collection" and then they double the price. Be careful. I found the original tag all the way at the bottom of the dress and was able to find it at another store (Brides of Florida on kendall drive) for 50% of the price!  Same thing happened to my friend who went dress shopping before me, thank god she gave me the heads up or else I would have been ripped off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Coral Gables Bridal and they have a lot of Maggie Sottero dresses disguised as their "private collection" and then they double the price.

This is so, so horrible - not to mention it's probably illegal.  I would send an e-mail to Maggie Sottero telling them about your experience, and maybe they will stop supplying that store.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I think thats crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually had a positive experience at Coral Gables David's Bridal - granted, I didn't think that the dresses were that great, but my consultant was super helpful. I didn't do much dress shopping, since I'm having my dress made, but of the two shops I went to (David's and Bellisima), I felt that the David's experience was more helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards