Florida-South Florida

Re: which dress do you like better?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Style 3140...I LOVE the halter/sweetheart neckline combo, and the ruffles at the bottom are gorgeous and I think would look beautiful in a beach wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well if you're gonna go with one of those 2, I would suggest the first one from demetrios. It's a little more flowy.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on the first dress. It is a very pretty dress, but I am busty and did not love the top on me. I would choose the Demetrios over the Maggie Sottero. Did you look at the destinations line by Maggie? There are a lot of great "beach" dresses!
  • Options
    danzigweddingdanzigwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jcarunco- i LOVE it too! but the other girls think its too formal...you think so?

ohyouhavemyheart- i thought the what made the dress "formal" was the fabric of the dress...what makes my dresses formal? the ladies at the bridal shop tell me everything looks great and perfect for a beach wedding..so i dont know what to believe?

lyndopo-you sound like you dont like either...tell me what you dont like...i wont be offended...i need opinions and i dont want to turn into that girl that talks about her wedding every second of the day to her friends...so im turning to all of you.. :)

thanks so much ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the first one- it's much more unique looking than a lot of dresses.

I don't think it's too formal. You should see my wedding dress for my beach wedding with a groom in linen pants and a linen vest- it's a corset top with lots of beading and some rhinestones and I have a kinda-poufy skirt. I think you should wear what you want.

I honestly don't see why just because it's a beach wedding you have to wear a "beachy" dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the first one, with the flow of the waves and the beach the dress would go perfect.I'm wearing the Maggie Sottero  Karina(My dress is in my bio) and i dont think it's a "beach style dress". It is whatever makes you comfortable and feels like the perfect one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No way!  That dress, in my humble opinion is not "too" formal...it's perfect. I think it's so beautiful, it's a dress I would wear to my own wedding and like Jamie said I think you should wear what you want to your wedding.  That said, I'm not even telling you that I like that dress to please you or so that you don't feel bad about your choices...I genuinely like it. It's beautiful, and the material, the way it flows and ruffles at the bottom, it's going to look GORGEOUS in a beach wedding.  The other dress is a little too "blah" (if you can call a Maggie Sottero dress "blah").
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp...i love the firt one
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    those were just my opinions... its your wedding you can wear whatever you wish.. i was just saying in my opinion, if it was my wedding, i would wear something more flowy. but again, those were just ideas and opinions :)
    the dresses you chose are beautiful though..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm dress 1!!!!!!
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love dress number one. It's beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like 3140 better, too. But, I agree with the comment made that it might be too formal for your fiance in linen. I do think that the overall look has to be on the same level.... the couple has to "match" in style, or else it looks off. That said--I am the type of person that 150% agrees that if you are comfortable and feel amazing in what you are wearing, it'll look great no matter what.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the Maggie dress but have to see them on!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like dress 1 in general, I am not even thinking about destination. Although to a certain extent it should matter because it would be nice to go with the theme, but its what you want. Remember you only (hopefully) get to wear a wedding dress once!! Go with a dress that YOU LOVE and that makes you feel like a princess because its your day. It shouldn't be dependant on the place. HTH
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    danzigweddingdanzigwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

you guys are so awesome! thanks for all the comments. i tried on 3140 during lunch today...it was a size 14...and I'm a 4-5. but they clipped it and its really pretty... but its $1200. that’s expensive for me.-and i must confess, i bought the maggie dress about a month ago...but this damn video they constantly play on the knot, of girls in diff dresses seriously messes with my head and makes me second guess myself! i know i could pause it, but i cant help but want to see it :/ 

BUT i noticed the detail in the flowers on 3140 wasn’t as nice looking as in the picture. but i love the whole ruffle idea now that i've seen it.

I dont know what im going to do, but if i decide to get another dress, i suppose i can try and sell the maggie dress.

thanks so much laides!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danzigwedding:

Now that youve revealed your little secret, I will say this, continuing to look at other dresses will consume you.  I did this after I got my dress, I would see different dresses and fall in love with them and second guess myself.  This will always happen because there are SO many awesomely gorgeous styles out there, but you have to remember one thing, you picked YOUR dress a) probably because it was in budget, and b) probably because you LOVED it!   2 great reasons!  It wasn't until I started doing my dress fittings that I remembered why I fell so deeply in love with it but now I'm glad I didn't give into tempation and get a new dress!  I think the dress you have is perfect for a beach wedding, it's flowy materia and you can do like rhinestone flipflops (or barefeet) to go with it!  HTH
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm a Maggie bride and I love all her dresses. They are both pretty, but I think the Demetrios one is more modern, more stylish. I love the multi-ruffle skirt, but not thrilled with the top part. I prefer the top of the Maggie.

While I think that a beach wedding would be perfectly complimented by a flowy dress, I would have to agree that it has to be more about what you love.

Do you already have your Maggie dress or is it still being made? Because if you are not too sure about find out if you can change to another style that might have more of ruffle type skirt, if that's what you like.

Either way, they are both very pretty. Just pick what will make you feel perfectly beautiful.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ack.

Dress regret can consume if you let it. I had to stop looking at all photos of dresses after I got mine because I kept thinking I found others I liked more.

I hope you can come to a decision soon and save yourself the worry. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like the Maggie dress more just because I'm not a fan of halter top dresses (just my opinion) and I'm not a ruffles person either. They are very different dresses so if you tried them both on, have someone go with you to take photos of you so you can see yourself in them and think about it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im a demetrios bride! (illusions #3137)! i love the first one and don't think it'll be too formal. i ordered my dress online from victoria's bridal couture and saved about $500 ... and got the email today that it shipped (yipppeee!!) i'll update with a vendor review when i get the dress in :) 
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DEMETRIOS hands down (in my opinion) :) I opened that link and thought...wow...I opened the second one and wondered how it compared! The first is such a beautiful "look" the second seems more formal to me with the bling at the top...

Good luck!!
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards