Florida-South Florida
Options

Average Price for Hair

Hi Girls,

I just got finished with my hair trial and she is my mothers hair dresser and my mom kind of got me into working with a certain hair stylist.

I really liked my hair but today I got the price for the hair and she is charging $120 an hour and needs 4 to 5 hours to do 5 people. So that would be $120 per person.

That seems totally insane to me and I do not want to pay it or even ask my girls too.
Is this an outrageous price? Or am I over reacting?
Anniversary

Re: Average Price for Hair

• Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems like an awful lot for just hair. If it incudes makeup too, that would be ok. My daughter is using Miriam Behar. She had her hair and makeup trial last week while I was visiting from PA and she was amazing! She is coming to our hotel on the day of the wedding and bringing an assistant since we have 7 people that want hair/makeup done. My daughter has a noon ceremony, so Miriam will arrive at 6am and be there until 11am. She is charging $150 for hair/makeup for people other than the bride, plus a little extra for needing an assistant. I don't have any other prices to compare with Miriam. My daughter loved her work that she saw on her website, so we didn't really price anyone else, but I've read here on the boards that she is a little on the pricier side. I think you could get a better price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That seems EXTREMELY outrageous. My girl only charges $65 for down hairstyles and $75 for updos.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plus, she's charging $125 for hair AND makeup... I would be pissed if I had to pay that much. I would highly suggest finding someone else!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That seems very high!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Update: my mom called the hair stylist and got me out of working with her. The price was outrageous. My mom was the one who was making me use her in the first place. So now I am going to look for someone else. 2nd dilemma- the hair stylist was supposed to be invited to the wedding. Again my mom. Do I keep her or not invit her? P.S- don't always listen to your mom's. They aren't always right. Lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp its too pricey!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    pizascorpiopizascorpio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's high, though i have found people who were charging $200 for bride hair & makeup (& less for others).  Most i have found its like $60-80 or so.  Where i think i am doing hair, will be $65+ for updo, less for down. 

As for the invite, if she's iinvited as a vendor, no.  If she's mom's friend or something, i would have mom talk to her about the awkwardness of it all.  She may decide to bow out on her own and if not, then oh well.  And then mom can deal with it since she made the situation in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards