Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue contract questions!

So we finally decided to go with the Grove Isle! It was our favorite from the beginning and we are so happy with our decision. We are going tomorrow with my parents to sign the contract.  Anything I should be looking out for in the contract???? Or anything I should make sure is included?? 
Thanks!

Re: Venue contract questions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your venue!!!

When I signed my contract, I made sure everything we spoke about was written into it... ie: # candles included, room discounts, area where wedding will be held with backup space, cost of everything broken down... etc...

Make sure you READ through the ENTIRE contract word for word. If you have any questions, ASK! If you don't agree with something, TELL THEM.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with Lynette- go through everything.  My dad went page by page and read every single thing and asked more questions than I had, but it was good.  And remember that you don't have to sign the way the contract is written; you can object or negotiate on the spot.

When I did my Grove Isle contract which was about a year ago now, I didn't find anythng funky or hidden.

Congrats to another Grove Isle bride!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lynette said it: everything in writing. EVERYTHING.

Also, check for parking fees for your vendors. A lot of venues cover the parking for guests, but not vendors (no idea why, it's ridiculous). While on the parking topic, ask if your guests are covered, lol.

Good luck! And congrats on finding your venue, now the fun part starts!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue gave us the contract and gave us a week to look over it.  Make sure everything is in writing and they should give you time to look it over.  GL and congrats!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards