Florida-South Florida
Options

Gerilyn Gianna/Palm Beach Floral Design

Is anyone using this florist or know of anyone who has? I met with her and LOVED her, but there are only 4 reviews. Granted, all 4 are good reviews but I'm really nervous about booking a florist and I, obviously, want everything to be perfect! Just makes me a little nervous booking someone with 4 good reviews when other florists that I've met with have decently more than that and, at the end of the day, does it really matter how much you like your florist's personality?? 

Thanks! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Website
image 143 Invited
image 110 Are ready to party!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Gerilyn Gianna/Palm Beach Floral Design

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok. I was going to meet with her but before we met I had an apt with Rose from Dream Makers. I loved Rose so much that I booked her the same day. When I first called Geri she never answered her office phone. I finally got her cell number from her website. When I called she answered the phone "HELLO!" like I was inconveniencing her by calling. She apologized and said she was driving, that was the reason for her answering the phone that way. I was like ok, but the damage is already done. I also thought it was really weird that she wanted to meet at a Starbucks and not at her wearhouse or office. My photog and lighting lady has worked with her on numerous occasions. They both said she does a good job buy they don't really know her personality that well. I'd proceed with caution, simply because she doesn't have that many reviews about her. Obviously when looking/booking a florist you wanna make sure you vibe well with them, they have a product to show you and that they listen to you and respect your budget, IMO. Hope this helps you out. P.S I'm assuming your meeting or trying to get in contact with Rose didn't go so well?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, Rose finally called me back yesterday and said that she had been looking into some different pricing options for the chuppah that we want. I met with Gerilyn last week (when I was annoyed at Rose's lack of communication) and just REALLY liked her personality. BUT she quoted me over $1000 more than Rose did, so it's kind of a no-brainer (4 good reviews and 1000 more expensive vs cheaper with 20 good reviews). I just feel bad because I liked her personality so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I completely understand. Geri seemed really nice when I talked to her on the phone. But I was just like why are we meeting at Starbucks. Then I met with Rose and was able to see her work and she gave me a great deal. Plus I was able to get my chairs from her at an awesome price, so I figured why not. I also hate her lack of communication. But if you contact her assistant, she'll usually get right back to you. Unfortunately it seems you have to give up some things in order to get others. I figure the least I can do is put up with her lack of communication in order to get an awesome deal on my flowers with someone who has been doing it a long time and knows what she's doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I contacted her and she emailed me that she was going to call me and that was over 3 weeks ago ad I have already booked my florist..sorry but i wanted to tell you the truth
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards