Florida-South Florida
Options

I'm sitting here...

looking through the March edition of Brides. Im looking at the dresses, the weddings, the cakes, etc. and nothing is appealing to me.  I truly believe in my heart I want simplicity with a touch of elegance. How do I find that, when everything I look at is extravegant. Its not about the dress or the decor or any of that. Im marrying the man I love.  Im so lost, the library is such a beautiful structure, and I do not want to take away from that, How do I add to it without taking that away...just venting....lol....

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!!

Re: I'm sitting here...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya! I had the same questions when I started planning...GOOGLE! I lived off of that and the ladies bios from here. GL and Im sure everything will be beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

stick with what you love - dont compromise what you feel is important to you.

Look into the knot floral and dresses - they have everything from subdued to over the top.

I totally feel you b/c mom is huge into over the top, everything gold, shiny, glittery and I had my heart set on a romantic, vintage garden vibe.

In the end do what makes you happy and you will enjoy your day and the planning.

Read tons of blogs, snippet and ink, wedding chics, etc - they have daily inspiration that will give you TONS of ideas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks girls...im trying...just looking here & there the whole bit!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What the girlies said! How does the library feel about candles???? My venue is very 'secret gardenish' & I didn't want to take away from that, either. So we went with lots and lots of candles. Even if you have to go flameless, the candles will add that romantic touch without giving that overboard feel.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The ladies gave great advice. Def keep your simplicity meets elgeant theme, it will take you far. Snippet and Ink is a great source of inspiration, and perfect color pallette. GL no worries!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cant have candels indoor so i was going to get the flameless..what venue are you using?
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will all come to you Stace. I went through so many CPs in my head before I figured out what would work best. When you see something you like, even a little, put that picture in your folder. And then months from now you may look at it like "What was I thinking?"
    You've got time and you'll see other weddings done there. That might give you some inspiration :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacey - my venue is actually in NY... pics are in my bio. :)

Like the girls said, your ideas will come to you as you plan. My florist helped me TONS. She had vision after vision. I basically said, "candles," and she ran with it. So, give it time - you will find your 'style'!!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stac!!!! I bought these wrought iron lanters and am using them for my cocktail hour - with flameless candels I got on the cheap from ebap with rose petals under them - VERY simple and elegant and SUPER affordable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    waa hoo liss im going to go look...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards